1. 1. Where would you like to see the main menu location

• Across the top of site.
    • Along the left side of site.
    • Along the right side of site.
  2. 2. Site Colors - Actual Theme Colors will be another poll

• Dark Colored Theme
    • Light Colored Theme

• Administrators

I know that many of us are all jumping at the bit to get this site up and running. With that in mind I have opened the site for registration to those that are interested in having input and suggestions on the direction of this new site. I'm going to start things off simple and basic and we will ramp up eventually on more specific and detailed development.

• Administrators

To be honest dazz I really like the look and layout bill was playing with for hyperpin.com

It looked really clean

It is a nice clean layout, but it's not made to be an informative site with that kind of layout... That's more of a single product type layout. This site is a community and development based, so it will need more info.

Thanks to Circo we have a new theme installed for the site. If you scroll to the bottom of the site and select "Change Theme" check out the VPUniverse theme.

Can't see the Change Theme option anywhere Dazz. Is it on every page?

Also, may I suggest some due care in choosing the final default theme as some of the colours currently clash with each other making sections of text difficult or impossible to read.

I can see that you're going with a space ship/station style with naming but IMO I'm not sure how well that will go down with a lot of new members. At first it could be confusing and a bit pretentious especially if they don't know you (which many won't) and don't have the same passion for space themes like you appear to!

Do you have some sort of structural chart for how you see they layout/mapping of the site? It may help to have some insight as to where everything will be so us privileged few can assist in tweaking the flow and feel of the site if necessary.

Good start though - what sort of timeframe are you looking at before going "live".

Cheers,

Chris

• Administrators

Honestly, I have no passion for the space theme... We were just us playing off the name of the site and trying to figure out how we can be different than VPF. No one is saying we have to stick to this theme, but we don't want to be a VPF clone.

Archived