Single usb power stm32 discovery and p3 no earth from stm required

psmmacker

7 hours ago, Rappelbox said:

This will over time surely kill your USB!
I don't recommend powering such current hungry devices from a single USB connector. These panels draw a lot of juice and if your USB is not secured it will blow up.

13 amps 5 volts  the usb pull intotal from the power pack from a pc atx power pack  and adding a protection fuse in the usb curcuit would help  i  agree i also tested panel with a 2 amp samsung mobile  charger and that worked fine on 1 set of p3 along not unless you use the 5volt from a spear sata power output as they have 5volt + red and 12+ and 2 earths prehape a power curcuit could  be adapted  so there panels could be powered via pc aswell

o1486916086680-721659357.jpg

• Content Provider

Maybe it is good to mention that you already killed 2 of your controllers. Going on with experiments like this most likely will bring you the hattrick.  

The USB 1.x and 2.0 specifications provide a 5 V supply on a single wire to power connected USB devices.

A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and 150 mA in USB 3.0. A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0; 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0.

Thats because i was messing with the hub 75 outputs it cooked my stm32 baords but  i had this going for 3 months and its been ok so far 

I may us a sata 12 volt step down to 5 volt + regulator  the ic chips only use 5 to 10 volts  and i have test with a electronic meter and voltages are stable

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Maybe it is good to mention that you already killed 2 of your controllers. Going on with experiments like this most likely will bring you the hattrick.  

The USB 1.x and 2.0 specifications provide a 5 V supply on a single wire to power connected USB devices.

A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and 150 mA in USB 3.0. A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0; 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0.

Hay lucky 1 is there a 12 volt to 3 and 5 volt regular as the sata idear would be a solution for vpinball and future pinball users 

Ya something like thay would be good as i rather use a self power design from the same pc rather then a external power pack

They not silent as you hear a capacitor noises  and these ic regular are better for the voltage as it may be is smooth and  much better for the rgb panels as power packs are switching

Ive just powered a p3 set with a samsung s5 2amp 5volt charger and just powered the stm via plain usb

Look how stable the panel is running under 2 amps max

1486976669023-2131630444.jpg

14869768194011079420272.jpg

Hay sabi i think they have used too many earths on the hub 75 aka gnd i think they only need 1 not 3  gnd as if you power the panels via usb i dont use the earth as the stm 32 discovery  doing that via the stm32 discovery that  via the usb and the iec cable  is powring from as it contains data + and - 5volt plus and -5volts

Whrere did u get the regular from as i colud invest in one them as that may power 2 duel display and share the voltages between them thats 2.5 volt at 5 amps each

Now rapplebox and lucky 1 goe easy on me 

First of all i dont like idea powering panels true usb.

Thet isnt purpose of usb conector on stm. Also im not sure how much curent stm can hold true 5v lead (before pcb will burn)

There is lot of them on alliexpres, look for step down or buck converter.

I use this http://www.banggood.com/5A-75W-DC-DC-4V-38V-To-1_25V-36V-Adjustable-Step-Down-Converter-Module-p-917453.html

They are good for 2-3 amps.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-2-13 at 9:59 AM, Sibi said:

First of all i dont like idea powering panels true usb.

Thet isnt purpose of usb conector on stm. Also im not sure how much curent stm can hold true 5v lead (before pcb will burn)

There is lot of them on alliexpres, look for step down or buck converter.

I use this http://www.bagnogood.com/5A-75W-DC-DC-4V-38V-To-1_25V-36V-Adjustable-Step-Down-Converter-Module-p-917453.html

They are good for 2-3 amps.

sibi i like your sheld design any way of making me one whats your buck converter voltage out i know its 12volt inIMG_20170429_184918.thumb.jpg.48ac5694faeaef98edfb564e3b1158bc.jpg

Archived