pindmd3 + dmddevice.dll almost there

Thalamus

Hi guys !

I can't seem to get a stable setup with the latest dmddevice.dll and pindmd3. The issues  I've seen in my cab is the following.

UltraDMD, after exiting games most of the time doesn't end. This makes PBX not so happy - current solution killtask in post script. I wish there where a way to exit UltraDMD via eg table1_exit().

Latest dmddevice.dll from VPU dev thread, when exit tables - it kills the editor, this is bad mostly because using the camera to adjust table settings. I thought I had it nailed when I got a test build from freezy over github https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/files/740432/DmdDevice.zip

That version seems to work wonderfully, can stream, colors, everything - except for one thing. If I run it over PBX.

Symptom, add credit, exit table - load table again, no credit is available. Any score that you have eg. those important Grand Champion scores don't get saved. Very annoying.

More info about the setup. VP all in one installer -> 10.2.1 patch -> 2.8b sam -> 2.9beta. PinballX, and UltraDMD replaced XDMD*.dll from

vpinmame_sam_latest.zip. dmddevice.dll from same archive copied into respective folders. If I try to replace any newer dmddevice ( eg. from github or here ) into PBX or UltraDMD  folders the DMD will not show at all. So, yes, there is a miss-match between versions.

Is there something I should have done differently. Anyone else seeing these symptoms ? Might be that you haven't noticed that the GC doesn't get saved anymore ? Would love to hear if anyone has stable UltraDMD exits and/or 100% working dmddevice.dll over PBX.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Yes. You need freezy 1.7 and PBX higher than 3.04. For some odd reason. I still need to have lucky1 dmdddevice inside pinballx folder. Except that. Use freezy' and make sure that both the dll and the ini is copied to their respective folders. xdmd/xdmd-native should be replaced in xdmd folder, but, you've probably did that already.

I should probably write a new guide. But, this is the old one and it kind of still applies.

http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/pindmd3-replacing-pindmd-dll-for-dmddevice-dll/

• Content Provider
On 27.6.2018 at 5:37 AM, latin625 said:

Ho, i am also having issues with my pindmd3 and pinballx. When i scroll through the tables, nothing displays on the pindmd3, but the tables whn played are fine. I M using freezy 160 for color roms. Any ideas? Thanks!

DId you update pinballX ? If yes please replace xdmd/xdmdnative.dll again and please use 32bit version of pinballX.

Thanks Lucky1!  Yes, I updated to 3.06  Ima gonna uninstall it and reinstall with the forced 32 bit version and follow your directions.

steps I will do:

1. Install 32 bit Version of Pinball X 3.04 or higher.  Currently it is 3.06 available as of 6.29.2018
  2. In both my pinballx folder and your ultradmd folder. Rename any pindmd.dll you have to pindmd.dll.off ( keep as backup ) 
  3. Download freezy 1.7 ( freezy 1.7 ) dmdext-v1.7.0-x86.zip  (32 BIT ONLY)
  4. Place the DmdDevice.ini and the from Freezy 1.7 into the PBX folder- Make sure that You comment out all the other dmds that are not in use and set COM# to where the pindmd3 is located.  Mine is set to COM3
  5. Copy into the pbx folder ONLY the  dmddevice.dll and  xdmd/xdmdnative.dll from LUCKY1 link located here: 

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?page=1

the vpinmame_sam_latest.zip file

Sound like the right path?

Thanks for all your help on this guys! Really Appreciate it.

So, I reinstalled thPBX frontend forcing 32bit install and when I try to launch it, it doesn't launch.  I tried to make it compatible too with Windows XP service pack 3.  Also tried run as admin.  I have a 64 bit machine.  PinbalXLite works but crashes on exit.

Actually. I believe I left alone pindmd.dll, xdmd-* from the 32bit release of pbx. And only added lucky1 dmddevice.dll into the folder. Hmm. Maybe there was a libdmd or something in that folder as well. Don't remember right now.

14 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I just added the 64bit version of xdmd and xdmdnative.dll to my github repo.

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/XDMD/x64

Together with dmddevice64.dll it should work with the 64bit version of pinballX (tested with freezy 1.7)

So I use Freezy 1.7 dmddevice64.dll? and your xdmd and xdmdnative.dll, yes?  All in the pinballX folder, yes?

24 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Yes ! Don´t forget to copy edit the dmddevice.ini also.

Yup.  just the standard dmddevice.ini that has the pindmd com port and all the other dmds, yes?  Very cool!  Gonna try in about an hour.

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Yes ! Don´t forget to copy edit the dmddevice.ini also.

so i did it all and when I load PBX it says PBX has stopped working.   If I remove the xmd files back to the originals it loads PBX but the dmd is gone.  One the table rom dmd loads correctly.

Hi Lucky,

Tried it all, no joy =( 

XMDs  crash PBX can only seem to use the originals to launch.

1. Moved over all the dmddevice64.dll and dmddevice.dll

2. Made virtual DMD in .ini file true

3. Disabled all others dmds in the .ini file

I think it would work, but it seems that I can not use the xmd files as it crashes pinballX before it loads.  Always gives me a "PBX has stopped working.

Thanks again!

"

• Content Provider

Just tested with the latest version of pinballX and it also worked on my machine with modified XDMD.DLL / XDMDNATIVE.DLL and DMDDEVICE.DLL from freezy.
Must be something missing on your machine. Which OS version do you run ?

Archived