SAMBuild2.9 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

Latest SAMBuild for the version 2.9 cycle can be found in this post. 

The package includes the latest external DMD dlls if there has been a recent update. Or else find the external DMD dlls with the beta thread for the official VPinMAME build here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

OR

at lucky1's GitHub repository for Pin2DMD here:

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/pinmame 

Copy the files into your VPM directory, and run setup.exe again. There, press the install button (with each new build) and remember to setup the defaults again!

In case you have an external DMD connected that you want to use with VPM, please move the dlls from the respective subdirectory (Pin2DMD or PinDMD1 or PinDMD2 or PinDMD3) directly into your VPM directory!

The 2.9 cycle is complete. SamBuild 2.9 is available here:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pindmd3 user - if I use the dvddevice.dll provided the tables crash on exit for me. A very useful feature is to be able to use the Camera to adjust view, not possible with this release. Rolling back to a release dated 9.1.2017 seems to solve it for me at least.

The specific JIT crash this fixes has to do with color ROMs that have the serial side channel enabled.   In some cases the patch produces "self modifying code", so additional logic had to be added to recompile modified code.    Spider man color was one that would definitely not run. 

Jus for clarity, this is NOT a fix for the "intermittent" crash that some of you are running into with unpatched roms when used with Freezy's DMDDevice.dll.

• Content Provider

This is just a copy of r4196 so that a build history remains accessible through the dev cycle. First post will always have the current beta.

official rev 4196
Make Mustang LE serial LED speed hack apply to color ROM also [DJRobX]
Fix color patch ROM crash when JIT in use [DJRobX]

SAMBuild_r4196.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Thalamus... that actually failed too so it's gotta be my antivirus or something.  Gonna disable it and try again.

*edit*  Yeah, it was my antivirus.  Oddly, this is the first time I can ever remember it's "web" protection rejecting a file.  Obviously, a false alert.  Sorry for the confusion.

13 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Working for me - and yes on DMD3. Well, you have to do some tricks ... Vpinball thread explains some http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/lesser-known-features-of-vpinmame-dmd/page/2/#post-48482

So I tried all of that and still crashes at start up. I think where I may have messed up is, when you say " Replace xdmd.dll and xdmdnative.dll in c:\pinballx and c:\visual_pinball\xdmd " what am I replacing those with? I just had them turned "OFF".

Same solution as above. You have to remember - this is beta software. Things do break :-)

Did you put lucky1 dmddevice.dll into pinballx ? Did you make sure that pindmd.dll is renamed to eg. pindmd.dll-off ? Did you replace xdmd.dll and xdmdnative.dll to xdmd.dll-off and xdmdnative..dll-off and copy new ones from lucky1 into pinballx folder ?

When I say lucky1, to clarify, once you install 2.8o2 - you get folders inside vpinmame - dmdext, pindmd1, pindmd2, pindmd3.. When I say freezy - I'm thinking github - where he prefer to do his releases. https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions

If you decide to test something from the git repo. and it isn't working as expected - please try to post a issue on github about it containing a log. Freezy have said again and again that he is no magician that can read minds. So, he needs those log files in order to get any further with the issues.

It should not be a problem to use eg. dmddevice.dll from freezy in pinballx folder - it still is. If you use his' in either pinballx or dmdx folder - the DMD will stay black.

Please note - this info is for PinDMD3 only - I have no clue what users of any other DMD needs to do, but, it might be a reference/clue for you to experiment with IF you you're installations isn't working as expected.

Maybe you could put a screenshot of you pinballx folder if you still got any problem ?

I followed your tips to get it working with PinDMD3 but still have some problems (error: No DMD driver and Table starts, but you can't play it).

I did not replace any XDMD files, because I didn't find them in any of the zip packages.
Can this cause the problems? If yes, where can I find the XDMD replacement files?

Archived