Posting issues

I've noticed some big problems writing posts and sending private messages.    It seems like I have to send a post almost immediately after clicking the reply button, or else the post button will only "save" the message.  I have to refresh the page and try again before it will actually post. 

Same thing happens with private messages also.   It's so bad I have to copy and paste my messages before submitting or else I lose them. 

Similarly I'll get errors trying to upload attachments.   If that same "timer" has expired I'll get errors uploading.    Seems like a session state is getting cleared out WAY too soon (like 1 minute instead of 30) or something. 

• Content Provider

I have had issues too with losing posts / PMs and having it "not take" while trying to submit and losing work.  I also now typically use a notepad file to frequently copy and paste into to work around the potential of losing too much typing / composing.

• Administrators

I haven't experienced these issues either. What browser are you using? Try clearing browser cache. I'll take a look at the server cache and clear it when i get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just chiming in to say I experience the 100ms session cookie time issue on FireFox but it seems to be ok with Chrome (Posting).  In the time it would take to type this message I cannot submit the post without copying the text to the clipboard and refreshing the page, pasting the text in quickly and clicking submit.

All browsers ask me to login each time I visit though even through "remember me" is checked.

• Administrators

Ok, it looks like IPB released an update that addresses the issues above.  I just applied the patch to the site.  Please test it out and let me know if you are still experiencing these issues.

• 3 months later...

Archived