SAM Build with modular DMD drivers for pindmd1,2,3 and PIN2DMD

lucky1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things looking good on my end... DMD is nice and bright on WPC games and here I was thinking I screwed something up with the colours on my pinDMD3! Thanks for the update, games look much  better on the DMD now. Also tried a couple of Stern games, TWD and TSPP and both worked well... didn't hear any studdering but wasn't able to spend a ton on of time on it today.

Edit: Just played some Tron too without trouble... and some BOP... man that is a killer looking game.

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, Dodger1980 said:

The version posted at 11:39 AM gave me massive problems with SAM tables, using a pinDMD3. Poorly performance with massive sound stuttering.

That is not related to my code change, but to the fact that I compiled with debug code. Please try the latest upload.
If it still stutters  this has to be discussed over in the SAM thread from DJRobx

• Content Provider

i tried both toxies link to VPF and lucky's latest build and i dont get the pin2dmd to display when launch from VP. I can run pinmame and hit the test button and then the dmd appears. I am running 2.32 firmware.

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, dstott said:

All table types play fine with no problems, however,  my 4 color DMDs are now only appearing in one color on my PinDMD3.   The problem is fixed by going back to the conventional 240 SAM build.

Could you please test this driver, wether it works with 4shade games (wpc etc) and uses colorization ?

**removed**

• Content Provider

??? I do have to dmddevice.dll for pindmd2 in my vpinmame directory already.

Let me know if you want to teamviewer in to see or troubleshoot.

I can also set up a video conference over webex 

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could you please test this driver, wether it works with 4shade games (wpc etc) and uses colorization ?

pindmd3_dmddevice.zip

This one doesn't work at all.  It doesn't put anything on the DMD in any mode and crashes VP10.2.  I switched back to the previous version and restored function, but still no four shad colorization.  I should be around most of the day if you want me to try new versions.   This evening I will be unavailable as we will be attending the Great American Cooter Fest in Inverness, Florida.  It's important to stand up for what you believe in!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, bent98 said:

??? I do have to dmddevice.dll for pindmd2 in my vpinmame directory already.

Let me know if you want to teamviewer in to see or troubleshoot.

I can also set up a video conference over webex 

If I removed the dmddevice.dll from the vpinmame directory and launch a table it gives me an error "no pindmd found". So I know its using the driver selection process.

Also, I made sure all .dll's are unblocked. I am running 2.32 firmware. I also can test both sam and regular roms via setup.exe in pinmame. So pinmame works by itself just no in visual pinball.

Really could use your help Lucky1.. 

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, bent98 said:

If I removed the dmddevice.dll from the vpinmame directory and launch a table it gives me an error "no pindmd found". So I know its using the driver selection process.

Also, I made sure all .dll's are unblocked. I am running 2.32 firmware. I also can test both sam and regular roms via setup.exe in pinmame. So pinmame works by itself just no in visual pinball.

Really could use your help Lucky1.. 

First of all if you don´t have any dmddevice.dll installed you should get

"No DMD device driver found" and definitely not "no pindmd found"

I thought you installed the PIN2DMD dmddevice.dll together with libusbk.dll in your pinmame directory ?

Then I asked you to install the pinDMD2 dmddevice.dll driver together with libusb0.dll  instead of PIN2DMD .

Now you are telling you already have pindmd2 drivers installed ? I´m a bit confused now.

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, dstott said:

This one doesn't work at all.  It doesn't put anything on the DMD in any mode and crashes VP10.2.  I switched back to the previous version and restored function, but still no four shad colorization.  I should be around most of the day if you want me to try new versions.   This evening I will be unavailable as we will be attending the Great American Cooter Fest in Inverness, Florida.  It's important to stand up for what you believe in!

Please try this one for pindmd3

- removed-

Archived