No communication/activation

Joppnl

Hello,

please your advice on this:

Just installed my pin2dmd but can't get it to work:

When powering up  the DMD colordisplay says COLORPRISM 2.32  and goes into 'attract'mode showing after a while the registration number and the text 'not activated'.

When I connected the processor to the usb of the PC the unit became visable in the explorer.

Then I did run zadig_2.2 and here something was different from the manual (as found here) http://pin2dmd.com/installation/

After a List all Device I do see the following devices (besides a keyboard etc)

ST-Link Debug (interface 0) 
ST-Link mass storage (interface 1)
Unknown device #1 (interface 2)

So no "PIN2DMD" as the manual says.

However, I changed these to:

ST-Link Debug (interface 0)  from none to libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0)
ST-Link mass storage (interface 1) van USBSTOR (v6.1.7601.17514 to libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0)
Unknown device #1 (interface 2)   from none to (v1.2.6.0)

Now zadig tells me these 3 are installed: example:

stlinkmassstorage.png

Same for the other 2 like debug and unknown.

Now I copy the .key file into the same folder as pin2dmd.exe is and I run pin2dmd

Program runs but as the manual says registration should be done automatically: nothing here, display on the Pin2DMD stil shows the #number and says Not Activated.

Also, changing the slider for the brightnes doesn't do anything so...no communication?

I also do not see the unit in the explorer anymore but when detaching-attaching the unit from USB Windows give the 'ploing' sound to let know a USB device is attached but as sayd, it's not visable in the explorer.

Running Win7 32 bits on my PC.

Please your suggestion(s), thanks in advance

$#!%#!@^@!!!

(translate this to "thank you..." :-)   )

Where can I find documentation where to go from now: I tried documents on github, on Pin2DMD,  I searched here but can't find instructions: how to make this thing working with Visual Pinball, where can I find documentation for that?

(I just tried it if it would -just work- but no so some more work is needed)

Thanks!

• Content Provider

Download the pinmame.dll from this site

Run vpinmame settings and enable pindmd

for tables you have played previously you will have to start table,  press F1, enable pindmd setting

Thank you. Especially that you also needed to set the setting per table besides the general vpinmame setting was part of the tric.

<edit>

Well...it works now.  Changed to an other USBport and did re-install the driver for that USBport and it does work now, great!

Thank you!

Archived