Dmdst32 By Pinballsp, Controller Board And Full Assembled Dmd Compatible Pin2Dmd

New DMD products from Pinballsp, DMDMK64 (Ful.l hardware and FIRMWARE developed by me, with new and powerful features),  DMDST32 extra WIDE with PCB that is also the frame, AMBER filters to improve contrast and hide leds, a new improved mechanized frame for small boards (yet some Red edition available).  And hope soon may advertise and offer my DMD for SEGA 192*64 and WIRELESS Topper by Bluetooth.

For details check Facebook and Pinside post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way
https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

(Please, Push on pictures to see high quality images).

PCB_001.jpg

PCB_001b.jpg

PCB_002.jpg

PCB_004.jpg

PCB_006b.jpg

PCB_007.jpg

PCB_008.jpg

PCB_008b.jpg

PCB_009.jpg

PCB_013.jpg

PCB_013c.jpg

PCB_013d.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2016 at 9:18 AM, steve45 said:

Is the firmware open source?

Hello Steve.
Sorry, DMDMK64 is a commercial product, not open source.

At any rate my wireless controller board, may use with another devices to trigger by events (switches, lamps, bumpers, flasherts, etc...), also will work by CAN bus wired.  About this I will provide full information to may implement it in any device by Bluetooth LE, WIFI, 2.4Ghz or wired CAN bus.

Today I shipped the first batch of DMDST32, with the new amber filter and the new MATE frame.

The amber filter in translucent methacrylate significantly improves the contrast of the image and hide the leds, the result is fantastic. This filter is optional and has a price of 18 euros, including the filter, screws and metal separators. It can only be fixed to the new frames and plates, since they carry the proper machining. This filter I installed in the DMDST32 Red DUAL Edition, but also the new DMDMK64 mount.

As for the new frame, it improves remarkably to the previous one. As soon as I can, I'll make quality photos and upload them. The material is now MATE instead of glossy, the result is a product not sensitive to marks by fingerprints and much cleaner since it does not attract dust by static electricity, as it happened with the previous racks. In addition the machining of the holes has been optimized, with the size adjusted to each connector, this also allows to hide the cables.

filtro10.jpg

filtro11.jpg

filtro13.jpg

filtro12.jpg

A couple of things.

Luis ships within Europe which is great for me in the UK.   I know someone else in europe sells complete displays but these are much more costly and do not include a power supply,

Why are people having 'hissy fits' about who's idea it was etc...  The STM32 boards all need a registration code from Lucky1.  He will install the firmware if asked (I wished everyone else did!) as it can be a bit fiddly. 

The new board ideas look brilliant. 

Luis - sell them - make money from them !   I do not believe other people who sell these displays do it for 'the love of pinball'.   PinballSP develope other products, and why should he have to put the firmware/software out as 'open source' - I certainly would not.

Lets be real - what is he making? maybe 25 euros a board he sells ?   But do not forget - his work is guaranteed - and it works.  I have had four boards out of him, and I am happy with them.  I will continue to buy them for all my machines.

Why dont you also have a go at Gary Stern and Jersey Jack - you know the people that make real money out of pinball. 

Thanks for your words, jukedock. I think there is something worse than money and greed, that is ENVY.

I never reply to the provocateurs and the envious ones, so there is no problem, in the end everyone is betrayed by their acts and their behavior, the envious only have to leave them and they alone are betrayed.

I have received private in other forums and emails from people who in the end have bought my DMD and who complained about one of those envious, because he never reply to emails, they pay him and he does not send anything or it takes an eternity to do the sending and It does not reply  to the claims. You only have to see in Pinside when one of these guys asked for money in advance for a project, a project that never performed, people complained to him in the forum and he never replied, and he was known to come in daily to see the forum.

The funny thing is that one of these envious, mentally ill, bought many of my boards to mount and sell their DMD, even stolen photos of my DMD to put them on his website.

And so, I have been told many things, and others that I have personally suffered, all for money, envy and a sick mentality of certain guys.

I fortunately I am not like that, I dedicate myself to mine, and I never worry about what others do, there is everyone with their behavior, in the end people are not silly and immediately realizes who is who by their acts and also by the way of speaking.

Time to time, and everyone knows who each person is.

Fortunately, the people who buy my products are very satisfied. I respond immediately to all questions, by email, whatsapp, Facebook or in forums. When there has been a claim, I have also solved them immediately, my after-sales service is good and I reply quickly.

The administrator of the French forum Pincab Pasion, personally congratulated me for private, for the good service I give and for the quality of my products, something that I am proud of.

Besides I design and manufacture my products, I do not like others who only know how to copy and order to make boards to the Chinese, people who have no idea of electronics, just copy and sell. Then evidently when they arrive the claims have no idea, and ignore them.

Someday I will talk about certain mafia practices of people that post by a certain German forum, the same ones that tried to ban me from a French forum, something that they did not get. Yes, they got me banned from the German forum because there they are all friends and are in connivance with the administrator. In short, a lot of ENVY is what there is.

I'm pretty new to this and just building my first Pin2dmd now(actually building 2). I absolutely love how pinballsp boards and ideas look. Great job!! Because of price(mostly shipping cost to us) I chose another option for my first build. Anyway I have a couple of comments/questions. 

Why haven't you incorporated power supply/power conversion options right onto your board? Maybe it would be a good future option. FYI there is ample 12v power coming from real pinball machines(this is how comparable products have powered their displays). Also very easy to regulate down to 5v. Might be a simple real pinball only option to start with. 

With this new mk64 board system, how will people program the colorization? Will the colorization files be compatible with Pin2dmd? I would hate for there to be incompatible colorization files...

41 minutes ago, tjc02002 said:

I'm pretty new to this and just building my first Pin2dmd now(actually building 2). I absolutely love how pinballsp boards and ideas look. Great job!! Because of price(mostly shipping cost to us) I chose another option for my first build. Anyway I have a couple of comments/questions. 

Why haven't you incorporated power supply/power conversion options right onto your board? Maybe it would be a good future option. FYI there is ample 12v power coming from real pinball machines(this is how comparable products have powered their displays). Also very easy to regulate down to 5v. Might be a simple real pinball only option to start with. 

With this new mk64 board system, how will people program the colorization? Will the colorization files be compatible with Pin2dmd? I would hate for there to be incompatible colorization files...

Hello and thanks tjc02002.

I may add power supply in board (switched circuit DC-DC), no problem about it, but question is if all pinballs may provide enough current (amperes). Can not get it from 5v, because will reset CPU, and get it from 12v/18v, may be, I must check it. I know when work at 5v require about 3.5 amperes, this is 17.5W, so need  close to 1.5 amperes at 12v,  Current frame and big PCB version allow install a new small power supply 5V 5Amperes instead of 7 amperes, this is already an improvment to become DMD lighter and more compact. I have see some DMD in Pinside that work with 12v/5v from pinball (I think the Fast Pinball DMD), so probably you are right and do not need install a full power supply, but enough with a DC-DC 12v to 5v in board.

DMDMK64 is not compatible with pin2dmd, sorry but to avoid again problems and claims, both products can not share anything. Precisely I have chosen a microcontroller from another manufacturer to avoid again complaints, suspicions and misgivings, as already happened at the beginning. I do not need to copy anyone's firmware, I'm an electronics engineer and I worked as a computer programmer for over 22 years (so you may divine already that I'm not a child at home that just copy and sell like anothers do), I have enough experience to program any software, and currently I do custom designs and developments with various types of microcontrollers and SOC's. . In this case when choosing Kinetis I can start from RGB.DMD source under MIT license, this makes things easier and saves me working time, but even starting from scratch I could do it but it would take longer.

Mine is a commercial product, pin2dmd is under Creative Common License (not allowed for commercial purpose), so hard may mix or share firmware or tools.

My colorized files will be with a different format and besides encrypted. At any rate I think I have some good ideas to do software to colorize, not pixel by pixel, to improve and allow colorize fast, this is the more important for a success. I will try to provide files ready to work by game, and will provide tools to colorize too.

The best improvment in DMDMK64 is the 512 Mbit parallel NOR Flash memory chip, this is to store a full colorized game (or even several) with very fast access, so will may offer a product practically with same features than colorDMD but cheaper (half or less).

On 9/12/2016 at 10:26 AM, lucky1 said:

I think it would be smarter to work together instead of speaking badly about each other. 

Of course, I agree.

By the way, do you know who complained about me to the administrator of the forums Pincab Passion and Flippermarkt.de, so my user was banned and my ad removed from Flippermarkt.de ?.

I know time ago, the names of the two guys who did, because Pincab's Passion Administrator told me. Maybe you know it too. 

• Content Provider
15 minutes ago, pinballsp said:

Of course, I agree.

By the way, do you know who complained about me to the administrator of the forums Pincab Passion and Flippermarkt.de, so my user was banned and my ad removed from Flippermarkt.de ?.

I know time ago, the names of the two guys who did, because Pincab's Passion Administrator told me. Maybe you know it too. 

The difference is that you are discussing this in public, which is not of any use for all involved. 
Contact them directly if you have any personal matters to talk about

IF you run from the +5V on a normal pinball you can power a Pin2DMD if run at 35% brightness (or under).

The color DMD displays that are around use the +5v supply on bally/williams games.

Will be installing this into a Stern SAM soon, so I will see if the LM33K can take the PinballSP Pin2DMD device without modification.

http://www.colordmd.com/installation/ColorDMD LED Installation Instructions WPC WPC95 Rev1.PDF

http://www.colordmd.com/ColorDMD LED Installation Instructions SAM Rev1.PDF

Looking at these both Stern and Bally/Williams will work off internal 5v supply. 

Having doing load tests on mine at 30% it pulls about 1 to 1.3amps.

I believe on WPC95, connection J-138 is 12V and that's what they are using to power ColorDMD's. If you look at the SafeCracker manual it shows you that J-138 is 12v. There may also be 5V available at that connector im not sure. My plan is to connect my pin2dmd to that same connector using 12V and regulate the 12v down to 5. With all the 5v reset problems on WPC games I would rather not tax that circuit any more. The funny thing is that there's actually already 5V and 12V running to the pinball DMD from the factory in the power connector, just not sure if it has any added fuses or circuits on the A/V board and not really worth risking that board on WPC95 as those boards have become more expensive than gold.  

On 12/12/2016 at 0:15 AM, jukedock said:

IF you run from the +5V on a normal pinball you can power a Pin2DMD if run at 35% brightness (or under).
The color DMD displays that are around use the +5v supply on bally/williams games.
Will be installing this into a Stern SAM soon, so I will see if the LM33K can take the PinballSP Pin2DMD device without modification.

http://www.colordmd.com/installation/ColorDMD LED Installation Instructions WPC WPC95 Rev1.PDF

http://www.colordmd.com/ColorDMD LED Installation Instructions SAM Rev1.PDF

Looking at these both Stern and Bally/Williams will work off internal 5v supply. 
Having doing load tests on mine at 30% it pulls about 1 to 1.3amps.

Work from pinball 5v is a risk, may reset CPU. Though a user from PInballinfo forum confirm he connect to 5v in a SAM and work fine without external power supply.

I have modify already design to may connect all my DMD to original power supply of DMD, to get 12v and convert with a switched DC-DC to 5v, in one week I will assemble prototype and if work fine, I will remove for ever external power supply from my DMD, so also will be 100% plug and play, more compact, lighter and easy to assemble for me.

56 minutes ago, tjc02002 said:

I believe on WPC95, connection J-138 is 12V and that's what they are using to power ColorDMD's. If you look at the SafeCracker manual it shows you that J-138 is 12v. There may also be 5V available at that connector im not sure. My plan is to connect my pin2dmd to that same connector using 12V and regulate the 12v down to 5. With all the 5v reset problems on WPC games I would rather not tax that circuit any more. The funny thing is that there's actually already 5V and 12V running to the pinball DMD from the factory in the power connector, just not sure if it has any added fuses or circuits on the A/V board and not really worth risking that board on WPC95 as those boards have become more expensive than gold.  

You have 12v in the DMD power supply connector, All voltages in pinball have a fuse, this not in the video controller board but in Driver board. Im testing now to get power supply from original DMD connector and convert to 5v with a switched DC-DC. Im practically sure that will work, then remove external power supply for ever.

On 11/12/2016 at 5:32 PM, lucky1 said:

The difference is that you are discussing this in public, which is not of any use for all involved. 
Contact them directly if you have any personal matters to talk about

Of course it must be PUBLIC, people who hurt and hide, must be PUBLICKY KNOWN, so we all know who is who.

I do not have any personal issues to deal with, privately, with people who try to hurt me and they hide, hypocritical, people who publicly talk one way, but hide to damage people.  When I think it is appropriate and where I think it is appropriate, I will tell the story for everyone to know the strategies so DIRTY of certain people.

And I'm VERY surprised that you do not know anything about the subject, or you just become forgetful.

On 16/12/2016 at 3:32 PM, pinballsp said:

Work from pinball 5v is a risk, may reset CPU. Though a user from PInballinfo forum confirm he connect to 5v in a SAM and work fine without external power supply.

I have modify already design to may connect all my DMD to original power supply of DMD, to get 12v and convert with a switched DC-DC to 5v, in one week I will assemble prototype and if work fine, I will remove for ever external power supply from my DMD, so also will be 100% plug and play, more compact, lighter and easy to assemble for me.

Yes - the person on pinballinfo forum IS ME.

28 minutes ago, shazamic said:

Looks great and simple..

What is dimensions of the panel ? because i made a small pincab 22".

I'm looking a small DMD, around 200mmx50mm, max to 300x75mm. Is it possible ? and less expensive?

Cheers

Hello Shazam.

Dimensions are same than original DMD, 380 x 130 mm frame, and  visible area 320 x 80mm (led panels).
Not possible an RGB led panel, so small like you want, the smaller pitch is P2, very expensive, and not available panels 64*32, but only 64*64, so with two P2 panels visible area will be 256*128mm.

• 3 weeks later...

New and I think last prototype of the board for the DMDMK64.

The bad thing about thinking so much and giving so many laps to a project, is that you constantly come up with improvements and additions, but I think this is already the final version to bring to market the first version of DMDMK64. In the pictures attached, you can see the new power supply that can install the board. A very small and compact 5v 4A, more than enough to handle the panel and the controller.

This power supply is directly soldered to the board, there is no need to wire from the power supply to the board, and the AC input goes into the board with a 5mm 2-pin to screw connector, although the cable could also be welded directly.

The wiring of the panels does not go to the power supply, now they are welded directly under the board, so that it is completely hidden, with a cleaner and more professional appearance.

This board also installs a 5-ampere DC-DC switched controller, so you can connect the DMD 100% plug and play, using the voltage supplied by the pinball through the original connectors. It is something I have yet to prove, but it almost certainly should work. In addition it adds one or two supercapacitors to avoid reset to the CPU, in case of high peak consumption, something unlikely. This supercapacitor system can also solve any problem of CPU resetting that may be suffering pinball, so it has a dual utility if someone has thought of replacing their old plasma DMD with a new one Multicolor DMD and also solve problems of CPU reset, this is the product.

We started 2017, and I think that already this month of January, I will be able to present a functional version of the DMDMK64, fix prices and options.

There is also a DMDST32 big board with same power supply, same look, blue board but with option to install this very small and compact power supply, also option for 100% plug and play. 

fuente_001.jpg

fuente_002.jpg

fuente_003.jpg

fuente_004.jpg

fuente_005.jpg

Archived