48" 30" Pin2Dmd Indiana Jones Widebody

Ebster

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking cab! A few questions if I may?

What model TV did you use for the playfield?

How do you find the input lag and reaction speeds on the TV?

And do you have any issues with motion blur/trailing and viewing angles?

I haven't found any 48"s to my liking but your one looks very nice from the vid.

thanks a lot..as i am on holiday atm i will answer shortly. it is a Samsung UE48 J5580.

completely decased it leaves ca. 5mm thin wood of the original cabinet sides. fits like a glove. nearly no frame visible under the siderails/upper trim/lockbar. super angle view. no latency i would notice.

best regards.

The fit in the cab was going to be my next question but you beat me to it!

This is the first build I've seen with a 48" panel and hearing that performs and fits in a widebody so well is great news seeing as 46" screens are non-existant nowadays.

Am I right in assuming that you used an original Indiana Jones for you cabinet?

Or is it a custom built cab with IJ sideart?

it is the original widebody. sits 1cm under the glass. parallel. the glass is custom build so it sits exactly on the 5mm wood sides left and right. a wooden frame under the tv can be moved up to the back about 70 degrees. side rails, glass and upper playfield trim have to be removed to lift the tv.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice build.  Did I understand that the TV fits in the original cabinet without modification to the cab?? Is the IJ cab a williams SuperPin?

Does using a 48" make the pinball and table larger than life?

thank you.

no. the cabinet becomes 5mm thin on the left and right vertical sides. the tv is decased and sits on the sides. right about 5mm beneath the glass..but doesn't become hot. widebody tables look real by size. the others look a little wider.

best regards.

thank you.

no. the cabinet becomes 5mm thin on the left and right vertical sides. the tv is decased and sits on the sides. right about 5mm beneath the glass..but doesn't become hot. widebody tables look real by size. the others look a little wider.

best regards.

Ah, so you routed out the sides?   The links to filippermart.de didnt work for me. Looks like it needs an account for viewing the link.

• 8 months later...

Archived