Having Trouble With Acdc Table, Loads But No Ball Is Ejected To Play

Johngreve

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a problem getting this table to play properly ever since I've downloaded the PBX Recorder.

I love the recorder and don't feel that it has anything to do with the problem. Coincidence more than likely as all my other tables load as they should including all my other PM5 tables.

I will say that I was fooling around renaming the table and backglass animation files to get them to run, however once I did that the table stopped loading properly and I'd get the ROM error message when I tried to load the table in PinballX.

Then I'd go back and rename the animation files to what they used to be in a attempt to get the table to play as before....and it would load and I'd hit start and the game would appear to start properly, music would play but no ball would be ejected to shoot even though you could hear the ball being ejected. After this I'd delete the table and backglass animation files from their media folders however the problem would persist.

Even after deleting the table and ROM and re-downloading fresh files from here I'd continue to have the same problem with no ball being ejected to play. The music is playing and your being prompted to shoot the ball but can"t because its not there.

I"m using ROM acd_168 it"s in my ROM folder and in the script the ROM is named the same.

Now the ROM has worked fine all along and runs properly when I test it in Pinmame.

The table used to launch and play properly most times but there were times when it wouldn't ,I'd get the ROM error and usually rebooting the computer would cure that. I always chalked it up to the flaky ROM issue that I read about in a prior ACDC trouble post.

A question I'm unsure of.......when I try to run this in the VP editor is it trying to open the table in Vp 9 rather than through PM5. Perhaps that's what is happening and why I see no ball kicked into the ball shooter Lane here?

Not sure what to try next? Its probably something really simple but I am out of ideas.

Thanks for helping!

If you are unsure if you have the correct version of VP (ie VP9 or PM5) when running via the application, the best way is to start the correct application first, then open the table and try to play it.  Avoid just double clicking on the table as it will use the application associated with the vpt file extension - probably VP9 not PM5.

Give that a try and see if the ball launches.

Archived