Future Pinball & Colorizing In Fp

• Content Provider

Recently installed pin2dmd and am wondering if there is an edtior for customizing the DMD in Future Pinball?

would like to start coloring my FP Tables (and other FP tables) frame by frame.

Is there anything currently being worked on for this?

• Content Provider

That sounds good.  However, I have LOTs of different frames of animation.  So, depending on which animation sequence, it would require a completely different palette.

Is it possible to have many different palettes with Future Pinball (assuming you can only have 6 colors or so per palette)?

• Content Provider

Yes, you can change palettes by making the device recognize the frames when it has to change the palette.

This can be done by the editor. I would start with a USB pcap recording of the picture data sent to the

device from the interceptor dll. This should be readable from the editor gzipped and named with the extension .pcap.gz

http://desowin.org/usbpcap/

• Content Provider

I´m not familiar with future pinball except the fact to got it running with BAM and Interceptor DLL.

Is it possible to display color graphics in the DMD Window on the monitor or is it always monochrome ?

If it is possible to display the DMD graphics in color on the screen, i could try to modify the

source of the interceptor dll to use color output to pin2dmd also.

• Content Provider

I got it working with interceptor as well.  Unfortunately, it is not possible to display the DMD in color within Future pinball.  (Although when I create my DMD for FP, i start with color images - and use imagelists to create some of the DMD animation).   For the font animations, I use FP's default wipe, fades, etc.

I will try your suggestion using USBpcp - later in the week.  I will report back here with what I find out.

Thanks for the replies!

Archived