Compact Manual

Hi,

I had to figure out a few things before I got the pin2dmd up and running, and even after that I still had some questions. To help those who are new to this, and to show others that it all isnt that difficult, I am putting together a manual with photos to illustrate how to connect everything and get it all setup.

It will not be finnished very soon because I work on it at my own pace in my own spare time.

I also want to include some kind of FAQ sections, to sum up questions and awsners other people had/have.

So, if you have some content/info/questions that should be included please post them here...

cheers!

A couple of things that elude me. What goes on the SD and where do I get those files? If I just want the default pallette to start, can I just run a blank sd or no sd? If the manual could address these questions for starting out would be awesome, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

Currently there can be 3 files on the SD.

PIN2DMD.DAT - Configuration file with device mode, timings, palette number to use at startup. Can be generated with pin2dmd.exe via usb or with pin2dmd editor as file.

PALETTES.DAT - custom palettes, keyframe data, keyframe mask data. Generated by pin2dmd editor

PIN2DMD.KEY - activation keyfile

Archived