Pin2Dmd V2 Activation

lucky1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought 2 of these units with FW v2.29 and given a number (different for each one) which I presume is the number needed to activate once I donated. Question is, from what I've read people were to get this number upon powering up. I don't. Is it because I don't have a SD card installed that I don't get the Demo display? Lucky1 if you could PM me at [email protected] I would be greatly appreciated. Yes I've searched VP forums to find the answer but nothing really definite on the SD card or preparation of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you I have received an email.

Re your statement about PM I disagree. It was relevant to this discussion as the previous question of how long to receive the key was never answered and I very much was looking for that specific information.

Also, as the key is unique to my STM32F4 why do you send them via private drop box?  By asking for my vpuniverse handle on the paypal payment page you have already implicitly required me to join this forum but why force me to join the dropbox service as well?  I resent. this very much.

So, for the benefit of other newcomers let's summarise the requirements (other than requisite hardware) for obtaining a license for the PIN2DMD product.

1. VPUniverse member
2. EU$10.00
3. Drop box member (and not just any member, must be specifically for the email address the key notification is sent to as a result of 2 above)

These statements also are relevant to the thread as I looked and could not find specific information on the  method of where & how the key would be delivered.

----

On a more positive note I do appreciate you fulfilling the the key at this time of year and I anticipate that over the next month or so I will become very much appreciative of the work and effort that has gone into the PIN2DMD firmware & application..

I am very interested to see how easy or not it is to custom colour a table as I have a few '90's physical machines I am potentially interested in converting to use the PIN2DMD product.

Thanks

• Content Provider

Pin2DMD is a private community project and that is the reason why I ask for your community username. It is not required to register here.
Any other community like pinside, pincabpassion, etc together with the username is also o.k . 
Since most of the community pin2dmd projects are shared over dropbox your new  account there may be also helpful for you.

Normally I send the key within 24 hours but as I already said I missed the paypal notification for your donation.
A PM is better because I get a notification for it. I don´t get notified about every post in every forum I´m member of.
That would be too much.
BTW Mentioning in your first post that you already donated would have been also helpful.

The money donated goes to charity.  An awful lot of money has been made already.  People have done a lot of R&D and if it was me - I would of charged but kept the money myself! 

If you are really that worried about 10 euro (the price of 2 pints of beer in a posh pub in the UK) then get a refund and I will pay it for you.

This is a great bit of kit - I have already paid for 4 or 5 displays.  It is worth every penny.

But why didnt you just PM Lucky1 and tell him you had not had a code instead of moaning?

@jukedock. Thanks Tool, for jumping in with constructive contribution.  I see you're drinking again.

@lucky1, no worries, and I didn't PM you at the start because I felt it was perfectly reasonable on my part to expect Paypal to have taken care of notifiying whomever was at the other end of the payment. And I didn't want to harass anyone over the holiday break. Hence my perfectly reasonable & innocuous query.initial request.  No need for you to respond any further think on this topic.

• Content Provider

You need to log in to paypal to get it in english. From my side everything is set to english for the donation button, but it seems
that if the recipient is in germany and the currency is Euro then paypal brings up the german page.

Edit:

Found a way to force the paypal site to english by adding a &lc=US to the Link.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:03 AM, lucky1 said:

You need to log in to paypal to get it in english. From my side everything is set to english for the donation button, but it seems
that if the recipient is in germany and the currency is Euro then paypal brings up the german page.

Edit:

Found a way to force the paypal site to english by adding a &lc=US to the Link.

Sweet. that works great! thank you!!

-Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

I just dropped over $620 on 3 premade pin2DMDs. is it another 10 a pop to register the devices?  is there any sort of discount for multiples?

I broke the bank getting the DMDs now Im afraid I cant afford to use them.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, malenko said:

I just dropped over $620 on 3 premade pin2DMDs. is it another 10 a pop to register the devices?  is there any sort of discount for multiples?

I broke the bank getting the DMDs now Im afraid I cant afford to use them.

Since all the money you donate for activation is for charity there is no discount. Maybe you negotiate better with your hardware dealer next time.:D

• Content Provider

200 a pop + shipping seems to be the going rate (for a device with the DMDs and the controller) , he did offer a discount if I bought 5 but I dont have $1,000 sitting around collecting dust.

I'll just activate 1 at a time as I finish up the colorization of my games, not comet obviously.

16899962_10211201104959305_1467455370_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived