Cab Performance Problem Nvidia 470

I'm new to v. pinball. I have a cab set up with a 27" backglass 1080p, Vizio 40" table 1080p, AMD dual core 3.0Ghz (2010), 8GB DDR, Nvidia 470. I can play all VP 9, VP 9 Physmod, VP10 as long as the tables do not have advance lighting or animations. So anything like OXO plays perfect. Most more modern tables such as AC/DC are very sluggish to the point of not playable. 

I'm thinking of installing Nvidia 970. I have a Nvidia 970 in my gaming PC and it runs perfect. Would a Nvidia 970 provide the performance required to run tables like AC/DC, Avengers, etc? I'm not sure if VP is more CPU heavy or GPU heavy. Can someone provide some thoughts on if GPU upgrade would get me playable fps. 

Thanks for your opinion and help.

I beleive it to be a problem with the dual core processor. But a new video card cant hurt. I had two systems setup with matching video card (gtx650's) except one pc was dual core and the other was an i5 something (cant remember the numbers). The dual core had the same problems you are describing while the other had no issues at all. Smooth sailing.

But all systems are different. Your video card is lower than mine and that could be the problem. I would think the new card would help some but not for sure. I resolved most of my issues with dual core pc by turning off reflections on those tables. Also turning on vsync the video settings in vpx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived