Pinkadia! The Ultimate Virtual Pinball / Arcade / Pc Combo Cabinet!

TerryRed

• Content Provider

You Have the POWER!!!  with my MASTERED Edition update to "Rom's" excellent "Masters of the Universe" Future Pinball table. I've also created an "all-new" DOFLinx cabinet mod as well. This table mod is inspired by SLAMT1LT's tables as well as the newer pinball machines (from JJP, Stern, Heighway Pinball) that now use monitors instead of DMDs.

A video demonstration that shows off all the features of the MASTERED Edition as well as the DOFLinx mod can be seen here:

MASTERED Edition:

- new backglass with various fanart. Formatted specifically to work with 16:9, and 4:3 screens.
- new full motion video sequences for almost all table actions and modes. These are NEW hi-resolution video clips that now appear on the backglass (and display HUD for desktop users)
- new info display shown on backglass
- new sound clips

Watch Prince Adam dance to the beat (and the animated matching flashers) of Castle Multi-Ball!

Experience the woosh of blower-fan air from Ripper Multi-Ball.

FEEL the POWER (and shaker motor) when you become HE-MAN and see your power emanate from the flashers.

FEAR Skeletor as he launches his devastating 9-Ball Multi-Ball and watch him laugh at you on the backglass.

Go beyond the days of DMDs and see full hi resolution videos and info displays on the new animated backglass.

Don't be a cheap skate, or Skeletor will get angry!

With 1000's of images, and new sounds...this makes for a MOTU experience like no other, and a Pinball experience found nowhere else!

DOFLinx Cabinet Edition:

-10 solenoid feedback for flippers, bumpers, slings, kickers, etc
-gear motor for Castle Grayskull, Ripper, and He-Man
-shaker motor feedback to feel the power and action
-blower fan feedback for Ripper ramp
-5 RGB flasher animated effects
-RGB under cabinet lighting
-beacon and strobe effects
-coin, start, and launch button leds

A normal Desktop version of the MASTERED Edition as well as a DOFLinx Cabinet version of the MASTERED Edition will be on PinSimDB when approved.

Here are some still pics from the Desktop version.

8Zo9J1s.jpg

D4iYnsl.jpg

rE8voSt.jpg

eKY7Kp4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Well, I'd like to say that this post is about an upgrade to the pincab, but....

We just moved to Ottawa this week. Its been a long couple of weeks of packing, loading, cleaning, and living in a hotel with myself, wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and 2 cats. VERY tiring.

We were happy to finally take possession of our new home, and to see the moving truck arrive with all of our stuff. The move went amazingly well without any real scratches or damages to the house.

Amazingly, our items arrived undamaged.... except for "one" thing......

YVnkdaJ.jpg

:(

Absolutely gutted for you Terry.

Your enthusiasm and self drive are inspiring me to build my first cab,

I am certain that your response to this will be not only to replace the screen, but to end up with something new and improved.

Good Luck, and don't be out of action too long!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Ok, so now I'm a much happier man. My mancave is mostly up and running. PinKadia is alive again, and the simpit is shaking the house again after a long absence... driving my wife crazy! :)

Here's a video tour describing what I have, and how everything works and is wired together and how VR is setup to work with everything. I show off the simpit and how my 12 transducer telemetry feedback setup works and you also get to "hear" how it works too! It is amazing combined with VR!

If want to skip right to the simpit demo then go here....

Just waiting for the new TV to get replaced, then I'll make a stand for that to go over the simpit to bring the screen closer.  Then the last screen and game consoles will go the the unused space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

A day of greatness is upon us....

DOFLinx will soon support triggering "any" DOF device and command.

This means that finally.... addressable leds (MX), will work with Future Pinball and Pinball FX2!

Here's a coming soon "reveal" video I made....   "Let there be light!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Masters of the Universe: Mastered. DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

You have the power of the ultimate light show in a pinball cabinet! This is the first Future Pinball table to use addressable leds thanks to the new DOF led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

You have never seen a light show quite like this in a pinball cabinet! Amazing effects and animation that surround the playfield!

A video demonstration can be seen here in my cabinet:

This table has the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button
- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

Requirements:

- DOF R3 installed (for DOFLinx cabinet feedback and lighting) and addressable leds already setup and working (for MX led effects).
- DOFlinx 5.20 or higher is REQUIRED, even if you don't have addressable leds.
- addressable leds are NOT required to play this table, but they are HIGHLY recommended.
- to use the addressable leds with this table you must have your DOF "config" files updated by using DOF Config Tool! (just like you would for Visual Pinball)

To play a Future Pinball table with addressable leds support (DOFLinx MX):

- update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new DOFLinx.vbs to "Future Pinball \ Scripts". 
- add DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=c:\DirectOuput\Config\GLobalConfig_b2sServer.xml   (assuming you have it there)  to your DOFLinx.ini file.
- download the awesomeness of a Future Pinball DOFLinx MX table
- check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (you will see FP tables start with "FP:") If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.
- "Generate" a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your "DirectOutput \ Configs"  folder.
- play the epicness that is Future Pinball with DOFLinx cabinet feedback and addressable leds!

DOFLinx 5.20+ download link:

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=12318

Table will be available here on VPU when approved.

• Content Provider

Star Wars Death Star Assault (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Witness the most explosive light show in a pinball cabinet thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

You have never seen a light show quite like this in a pinball cabinet! Amazing effects and animation that surround the playfield!

- Lightsabers,
- explosions
- X-Wing and Tie-Fighter Blasters
- flashing words like SPECIAL, PADAWAN, JEDI, SOLO
- targetting computer
- video mode

A video demonstration in my cabinet can be seen here:

This table has the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button

- Fire button
- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

• Content Provider

Since I haven't really done any FX2 videos for DOFLinx, I think the new release of 5.20 which supports addressable leds makes this a good reason to have a video demonstration.

DOFLinx is the complete cabinet experience for Pinball FX2!

-addressable leds

-B2S active backglass

-full DOF feedback and lighting support

Add in freezy's dmdext for virtual DMD (clean round dots) or real DMD support

• Content Provider
Retroflair: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Wipeout: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Witness a modern light show in a retro theme, thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

These tables have the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button

- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

• Content Provider

Finally, my new screen has come in. Upgraded to a 43 inch 4K TV, and it looks beautiful. Everything is crisp and clean and smooth, no lag. Here's an updated video of the Gameroom and TerryRed Studios.....  ;)

• Content Provider
Avatar (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Featuring the most stunning particle effects, explosions, and machine gun blasts never seen before in a pinball cabinet!

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

• 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
  • 5 RGB flashers
  • Blower Fan
  • Shaker
  • Gear motor
  • Strobe
  • Beacon
  • Start button
  • Coin button
  • Launch Ball button
  • RGB under cabinet lighting
  • Addressable Leds

Table will be available once the MX configs are added to DOF Config Tool's public database.

• Content Provider

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

The Grid's most awesome addressable leds make for Light Cycle ramp effects, Light Jet Cannons, Explosions and the coolest de-resolution effects you have ever seen in a real pinball cabinet!

A video demonstration of this table can be seen here in my cabinet:

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
– 5 RGB flashers
– Blower Fan
– Shaker
– Gear motor
– Strobe
– Beacon
– Start button
– Coin button
– Launch Ball button
– RGB Undercab Lighting
– Addressable Leds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

OK...so with Stranger Things Season 2 about to start... I thought something could use an addressable leds update! I asked ScottyWic if it would be ok for me to add custom addressable leds triggers to the table and DOF MX code to the table script and he said go for it!

So I did!

Note, I didn't replace or change the normal DOF (I did fix a couple DOF trigger errors). I added completely different trigger commands and "E" numbers used only for DOF MX leds.   This allowed me to do whatever I wanted without interfering with what was already there.  It also allows anyone who doesn't like what I did to simply erase the "MX commands" for their custom config for the table in DOF Config Tool...and simply "Generate Basic MX Config" to go back to the Basic MX Flashers emulation....but who would want that?  wink.png

The new table version 2.2 (with my DOF MX updates) was submitted to ScottyWic, so he'll be uploading it soon.  I also submitted the "all new"  DOF MX commands to DOF Config Tool (which REQUIRES 2.2) which is waiting approval.

What would a TerryRed update be without a video....  here is a demo of my DOF MX mod of Stranger Things 2.2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

The Getaway: Hi-Speed 2

Here is a demo video of my update to the addressable leds for this table. Some of the highlights:

• I kept all of Swisslizard's original MX led effects
  • added new RPM Tachometer "VROOM" effect (activated with flipper when ball in plunger lane)
  • "SHIFT" flashes on back MX whenever shift light is on.
  • Added Orbit Effects.
  • Added animated effects for ALL actions on the table.
  • Added Red / Blue Beacon effects.
  • Removed any duplicate PF Back MX flashers that already had animated MX Effects.
  • Added some flashers and effects on the Left and Right MX.
  • Very cool light show!

If you want to skip my ranting at the beginning, go to 2:40 to go right to the demo.

The update has been submitted to DOF Config Tool. Once it has been approved, you just need to update your DOF Config files with the Tool and you are good to go!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
  • I present to you, the world’s first PinUp Player table mod, Tron Legacy VPX (PUP Edition).

PinUp Player is a new program that allows for full video files to be played on your backglass, topper or dmd screen, when triggered from in table events. This basically means you can have a JJP-like backglass, Stern-like middle screen, or a SLAMT1LT FP-like table.

This is not using a PinUp B2S (easy method that doesn't need any mod of the table), and was a complete mod of the table script. I created all the videos myself (1920×1080 for Backglass, and 1920×822 for Topper), inspired by SLAMT1LT’s FP version. Skip to 3:20 to get right to the demo and skip by rambling. Note: The backglass video in the upper right may seem to stutter…that’s because OBS wouldn’t record it nicely, whereas my cabinet shows that the videos all play perfectly all the time!

Since this is a rom based table. I have no access or control over any of the game code or actions. I literally made A LOT of new code specifically for PUP that works based on only triggers / switches from the game, and the playfield lights and neon ramp colour logic. It’s a miracle I was able to pull this off, as this works with most MB modes, as well as the jackpots,etc all having unique videos with titles,etc.  Because of this, I also wasn’t able to do anything for Sea of Simulation, End of Line MB,  or portal, as they all use White for neon ramp colours, and I have no way to differentiate them.

Enjoy….so cool!

PinUp Player can be downloaded here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38979&page=1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Here is a demo of my PinUP Player mod, of my DOFLinx MX mod of SLAMT1LT's Tron Legacy (Stern, Ultimate) FP table running in desktop. While this is FP (and it doesn't use roms), you still need to create a PUPB2S to work with DOFLinx.  So you still have total control from FP (through script) using DOFLinx PUP B2S calls.  As a result, I'm able to have properly controlled videos and many more videos compared to the VPX PuP Edition.

It's running in 1920x1080 windowed fullscreen. Since FP doesn't give this option, I set FP to windowed, and set the resolution of FP in the registry, and used a program called "Windowed Borderless Gaming" to force FP to Borderless Windowed Fullscreen.

All the Upper Left Backglass videos are running at 1920x1080 30fps, and the middle left Topper videos are running at 1920x822 30fps. Looks so much nicer than the FP original videos in a cabinet, and also look stunning in 4K desktop too! The FP original videos are on the right.

• Content Provider
9 minutes ago, shiva said:

Okay, this is pretty cool by any standards. If I understand this correctly, you bypassed the com limitations that black put in Future Pinball by going through DOFLinx instead?

Well "I" didn't do that  :) , but yes DDH69 added support for PinUP Player through DOFLinx.  Since PinUP Player now works through B2S Server as well, DOFLinx simply just INIT's PuP, and then after that it can pass PuP specific B2S Exx triggers.  

Very easy to create a PuPB2S, and even easier for DOFLinx to use it.... not just for FP,  but for FX2, FX3 , and any other program as well.

• Content Provider

This is a video demo on my new updated Tron Legacy (PuPCapB2S Edition)... I need a better name. :) 

It's a video preview of a new upcoming feature of PinUP Player, called PuPCapture that NailBuster's been working hard at completing. This feature basically uses DMD images (from dmdext) to trigger PuP videos.  The last half of the video explains more about PuPB2S and I show how PuPCapture works.

This version of the table includes all the previous updates by Dozer, DJRobx, Rusty Cardones, and Haunt Freaks....based on ICPjugglas VPX table. The table will be available when the new version of PinUP Player that supports this function is released (its still a WIP feature).

Watch the entire video to get most of your answers.... :)

Archived