Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Lucky,

in the normal 2.45 version:  Tested it with Avatar which does have a color .pal file but no colored ROM.

With the 7th start-up of this table the DMD remained blank, no display at all.

Unchecked the color option in the F1 pinmame menu,  reset the pin2dmd,   without color now but...the 11th time same problem, no display at all.

So, unchecking the color option soes not seem to have any influence.

What I do notice however is that when I double click on the pin2dmd icon to run pin2dmd.exe it takes far more longer time then before before the program comes up, it will take about 15..20 seconds now where before it was directly there.

Do not know what to do with the .bin file you sent so did not check that version.

Thank you for your support!

This evening played Jurassic Park, also a .pal coloured display but also a freeze. Needed a reset with the tool and then it worked. Was running 2.46 

It looks to me that if you start with a reset when a table gets loaded it would be solved but don't know if that is a good solution though.

• Content Provider

I added color correction for a better match of color selected on PC screen and LED panel in V2.48 on github
That also brings you a better orange palette and a big improvement of the animations in e.g. StreetFighter 2 colorization.-

Also updated the palette for Klingon Battle in the StarTrek colorization because it initially was to dark.
Available in the download section

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you get excellent quality from the supplier!!!
These panels are very flaky, sensible and you often lose pixels. Buy only if you don’t mind losing some money. I’m serious. I bought so many of them and to find a reliable supplier over a longer period of time is not easy.

• Content Provider

V2.50

-added support for firmware upgrade from SD card. From now on copy pin2dmd.upd file to SD card and reboot device.

-Nucleo  PIN2DMD XL version 2.08 with  support for firmware upgrade from SD card.  From now on copy pin2dmd_XL.upd file to SD card and reboot device.

Hi Lucky,

as discussed on VPA I'd test the new 2.50 version, this is my result in 1 evening (will do more later):

-  this week I had the NASCAR dmd freezing.  Table plays fine but there was a moment the display just stopped. Did have that before on an other table as well but tonight, after 8 games of NASCAR all were fine so...may-be an accident then? Will do more tests later this week

-  as I did have problems with the display not starting up at all in a previous version I tried it this time again: started Avatar a 50 times: all are fine so IO guess this issue is solved.

- NOT solved, problem was present before and now:  in PB X I have 2 kinds of displays : one of them are static pictures  (when there is no dmd on the table like EM or early SS) where the manufacturer is being displayed.

When starting a table the display should remain visable when the table starts and during gameplay. 

Well.....sometimes it isn't.  When starting such table mostly it's ok but sometimes (say 1 out of 5) the display blanks when selecting and starting that table from PBX.

I'm sure the "hide dmd" option on that table is unchecked : checked it in the game manager and (2nd check) same table starting again from PBX will display the manufacturer display.

I did run the usb capture program so I hope you are able to have a look at this.   

When I saw the problem I did exit the table, did exit PBX and closed capturing so the problem should be visable at the (almost) end.

Good Luck(y) :-) 

pin2dmd_port6

On 11/5/2017 at 2:23 PM, lucky1 said:

I added color correction for a better match of color selected on PC screen and LED panel in V2.48 on github
That also brings you a better orange palette and a big improvement of the animations in e.g. StreetFighter 2 colorization.-

Also updated the palette for Klingon Battle in the StarTrek colorization because it initially was to dark.
Available in the download section

I finally got a chance to update my firmware and I do like the orange better, but the bottom of the colour spectrum is now really brown, need to play around with some custom colour pallets to get the bottom of the scale look more orange, but it is looking better, thanks!

Archived