Strange Issue - Can I Uninstall Pin2Dmd?

OzStick

I've been doing a lot of playing around with the Pin2DMD stuff at the same time as testing a few different PC setups. Up until recently I've had only minor dramas, all due to not being familiar with the hard/soft/firmware, but I've now encountered a weird problem.

When updating the PIN2DMD driver, on every install I've done using the Pin2DMD unit (now 6 OS installs) I have come across the issue of PIN2DMD coming up twice in the Device Manager. On the last two occasions I have forgotten to unplug the cable for the STM Board prior to carrying out the Registry "Fix", so I've had to do it twice to ensure I end up with just the one device showing in Device Manager.

The problem with that is this: with both of these, when running PinballX the DMD goes BLANK and does not run any images or video on the display at all, however when I launch ANY table that uses the DMD it displays everything perfectly. What's weird is that I have apps running before loading and after exiting tables to reset the colour palatte and these seem to work as no errors are generated.

If I quit from PinballX back to the Desktop then go and run pin2dmd.exe manually, the display then comes up with the test pattern WITH MY CUSTOM PALATTE LOADED! 

The fact that I know on these last two installs I performed the fix process incorrectly that the problem may be related to this and maybe there is an issue with either the PIN2DMD driver or something in the registry. Rather than starting all over again and do yet another fresh install of Win 7, is there any way I can uninstall the PIN2DMD Driver as well as all relevant Registry entries instead?

Has anyone else had a similar problem to this?

• Content Provider

I think you use a very old PIN2DMD firmware. The double driver issue should be fixed since we changed to WCID.

To completely uninstall you should use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

and remove the drivers from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and from

Registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\0314E4570200

6 Installations and not a single donation ? :(

I think you use a very old PIN2DMD firmware. The double driver issue should be fixed since we changed to WCID.

To completely uninstall you should use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

and remove the drivers from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and from

Registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\0314E4570200

6 Installations and not a single donation ? :(

Thanks lucky1, I'll have a look into it.

FYI it's 6 installations of Windows 7 on just one PC, using the same DMD unit. As per the thread HERE I have been testing with different combinations of CPUs and GPUs and decided to take advantage of that testing to learn more about Pin2DMD.

This will allow me to offer better support to my customers once they purchase the Shield PCB from UncleSash and the remaining hardware from me - you should be getting plenty of donations then! :mellow:

Archived