Stern Star Trek B2S Backglass Error

Johngreve

Hello all,

After downloading and playing 85vetts recently released Stern Star Trek I decided to download gtxjoe's mod of the same game that was released

on January 23rd.

The game looks and plays great....the problem that I am having is getting the b2S backglass to play without giving me the following error:

Microsoft.Net Framework

An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you

click Quit the application will close immediately.

when I click on the "Details" box it shows Exception test, System, InvalidCastException:Conversion from string.

The error occurs afer I match up the backglass and table names,then go into the script and select 3 for B2S server, then click "play" from the editor the table and BG load and display normally.....for about 2 seconds, then the error pops up. If I click continue,nothing happens, when I click "quit" the BG no longer displays, however the table remains and is playable at this point.

I had no problem with 85vetts version displaying the BG correctly. This is the only table out of over 500 that I am having a problem with.

Anyone have a idea or suggestion what to try from here?

Thanks

I can't help you with this problem but I followed the same route: first the 86vetts version and after that the version from gtxjoe.

in both cases i used the same B2S backglass and in both cases it runs fine so in my opinion it has nothing to do with the table itself.

May-be try deleting and downloading the backglass again? May-be have a look at a .net update? 

good luck....

Yeah I tried using the same backglass for both tables. I even followed the B2S link that gtxjoe had on his table page and re downloaded the BG?

The result was the same.

I've considered the .net update just thought I'd post here first hoping someone had the "fix"

Thanks Joppnl

I tried all three backglasses Premium, Pro and LE all with the same error.

Tried deleting both the table and backglasses, re downloading both and trying again..no change.

Then downloaded .net Framework 4 for a update but it wouldn't install on my computer as it said that I already had the version installed

I suppose I could go in and delete it if I could even find where it is located and reinstall but I really wonder if that is my problem. I have like 560 tables with back glasses and they all work just fine.

Like I said earlier these backglasses work just fine on 85vettes table which was released two weeks earlier.

Not sure what else to try from here. Looks like I'll be playing this table without a BG......... Sigh :(

How about a static backglass for Star Trek and use VPinMame as controller?  If you have 500 working tables then this could be an option.....  I have a similar issue with Rolling Stones.  No matter what I cannot get that table to run with B2S at all.....

TT11,

Yes that is certainly an option. The B2S is not needed for scoring and what not....then I'd at least have something up there..it's really frustrating when you can't get a single file to work whether it's a backglass or just installing media images.

I've several tables and BGS that I cannot import via game manager.

I'm sure someone better versed than I could figure it out......I just go to plan B......shrug my shoulders and walk away. ;)

Welll..... i think that might be something to look at if you want: if you do not have a menu showing up when you click with the right mouse when the mousepointer is in the backglass ... do you have the backglass B2S server installed? If not....that might be why this Star Trek BG won't work with your setup.... Right clicking on the BG should give you this menu, see thumbnail.

So...if the B2S server isn't installed, download it and try again   :D

post-3291-0-65719600-1454947122_thumb.png

TT11,

Yes that is certainly an option. The B2S is not needed for scoring and what not....then I'd at least have something up there..it's really frustrating when you can't get a single file to work whether it's a backglass or just installing media images.

I've several tables and BGS that I cannot import via game manager.

I'm sure someone better versed than I could figure it out......I just go to plan B......shrug my shoulders and walk away. ;)

Have you tried loading a different back glass from another game to see if it would load?

Hi guys and thanks for your input..

I havent tried a different BG at this point to see if it would load, but I did notice something in Joppnl's screenshot which at least explains why I don't see "Disable Plugins" when I right click on my BG.

I'm running version 1.25 of the B2S server and I see Joppnl's running version 1.3 which I believe is the latest version. Version 1.25 doesn't give you the ability to disable the plug-ins.....at least not on the screen you see when you right click on the BG. As a minimum I'll upgrade to version 1.3.....that may be the ticket. Smart money is on this upgrade .

The only other BG that I have come across that actually required V1.3 was "Lady Luck"......everything else that I have seens to work ok with V1.25.

I'm running Windows 7.....pretty sure I have everything "unblocked" at this point......I did have that problem in the past so went back and "unblocked" everything a while back.

Let me upgrade the B2S server and report back.

Thanks again

Ok....back after upgrading my B2S server to the latest version..

Works like a charm!!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions leading to successful resolution of this problem......now....I'm off to kick some Klingon a**!!

The table looks great....I love the dramatic lighting effects......this stuff is the best!!

Archived