Need Help Updating Sam Vpinmame So I Can Run The Walkin Dead

Johngreve

Hello all,

I was very excited to see The Walking Dead released for play.I just absolutely love the look and sound of those newer Stern tables!

I seem to have trouble getting these to run for me.....mostly because of my lack of knowledge getting the necessary files put in their proper places and such.

Hopeing someone can talk me off the ledge! ;)

Here is where I am with this table.

The table has been downloaded,unzipped and the .vpt file now sits in my table folder.

The twd_156.bin file has been downloaded,zipped and now sits in my ROM folder.It has bee renamed twd_156.zip

The ROM name in the script that the table is looking for is twd_156. I believe this to be correct.

I try to run the game in VP and get "Game not Found".

I read in the table notes that if you get this error to download the latest version of the SAM PinMame and install this version of the  PinMame .dll file in place of the previous version as this version supports the required ROM.

I have done this and placed the VPinMame.dll file here(Program files/Visual Pinball/VPinMAME). in place of the previous version.

I believe this to be the correct place.

Now when I go to Setup.exe in VPinMAME to test and look for the ROM by clicking"Install" I get the following error "The program can't start because FTD2xx.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

What am I missing here? I also did "unblock" this file after placing it in VPinMAME folder.

This is the only file that I took out of the unzipped SAM VPinMAME download. Did I need to replace the other files in the download as well.

The table instruction only mentioned the VPinMAME.dll specifically needed to be replaced.

Please keep your answers simple and straightforward.....kind of a newbie here.

Thanks very much for your help.

• 2 months later...

Archived