Pin2Dmd - Pinball Logo Images (Ppm Format) And How To Load Them

gtxjoe

• Content Provider

Pinballx has to give up control of the PIN2DMD at some point, so vpinMame can take over for DMD roms.  What if you delay sending the pin2dmd.exe /i picture.ppm a little.  This might allow you to use the regular PinballX dll.  

This autohotkey script, save it to a ahk file and call it instead of pin2dmd.exe.  It should wait for the Visual Pinball Player to start (it will wait up to 20 seconds) then delay for 2 more seconds and then send the pin2DMD command.  I havent tried it but that's the basic approach.  Delete the line with Msgbox - its just a check to see what it gets from pinballx

TableName = %1%
Msgbox %TableName%
WinWaitActive, Visual Pinball Player, , 20
Sleep, 2000
Run, pin2dmd.exe /i "%TableName%.ppm",,UseErrorLevel

• Content Provider

Its the weekend, had time to look at this.  Got the autohotkey load logo to work by waiting until PinballX released the DMD control (no custom xdmd.dll), so at least while browsing tables you still have something on the dmd.  I have the DMD palette set to red and using the "Real DMD videos" on the Pinballx forums

Here is the script assuming you have the ppm files in the pin2dmd folder.  Save it as pin2dmdloadimage.ahk

TableName = %1%
WinWaitActive, Visual Pinball Player, , 20
Run, pin2dmd.exe /i "%TableName%.ppm",,UseErrorLevel

Here is the required Pinballx settings

1453560925.png

and the video

• Content Provider

Two things don't work:

1) your link

2) what you described

yes an image appears on the dmd, and yes it has color, but it absolutely does not have the colors defined in the PPM image.

If I wanted psychadelic colored dots on my DMD I could just load up any Real DMD Videos I used to use, which work in the same way that your PNGs work.... it's not ideal

Pinballx can show pictures on dmd..

I converted all the images from freneticamnesic from ppm to png and putted them in a folder called "Real DMD Images" in my medias folders and it works while browsing tables.  ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98865673/Real%20DMD%20Images.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived