Pin2Dmd - Table Support

lucky1

• Content Provider

yup, disabled. just keeps coming back with terminated before initialized, check rom path or rom file now that I named it the same as what's in the directory.

so when I had it named potc0600af it just says rom not found like suggested. tried three different roms with the same result. I know I'm missing something.

maybe I'll try patching it with the pinball browser next.

I had the same problem with potc with an old version vpinmame. Did you try the latest ?

yeah I downloaded the one that was a released recently, then got it again yesterday to make sure.

I'll definitely try putting it in a folder with the others that I can't get working though.

well I got a patched version of potc to work.

I didn't type option b in correctly because I can't get the pallet to load.

if I do what the script says

If PIN2DMD = True then oShell.run "pin2dmd.exe /b potc.dat",,TRUE

the window pops up and hangs on

at main (string[]  Arguments)

then says pin2dmd.exe has stopped working

before I didn't put in /b and just had "pin2dmd.exe potc.dat",,True
and it loaded fine, but with the incorrect pallet.

so does this mean I'm missing an option b file or a dll somewhere. I had a  palettes_option_b, from github but I'm guessing that's probably not what that means

ok, now I finally got it. I gave up for a few days after I was able to get it to load the pallets in any other cmd shell except for the one that was loaded by VP. After comparing the environment variables of the different windows I noticed one main difference. __COMPAT_LAYER=NT4SP5 RunAsAdmin

anytime I got rid of this variable it worked. took me a little bit before I realized, this was a compatibility layer running windows nt 4.0 (service pack 5). I installed vp about 8 months ago and went through the instructions and it said to do this with all the .exe's if you were running win7. of course as soon as I turned it off in the settings for the windows properties menu for VP.exe, it worked fine and loaded it from the script.

• 1 month later...

as you have to do to play a table specifies dmd monocromatic, eg tron ??? if the option is labeled VPinMAME color and the necessary colors are selected, the video image is not distinguished. shading is defective

as you have to do to play a table specifies dmd monocromatic, eg tron ??? if the option is labeled VPinMAME color and the necessary colors are selected, the video image is not distinguished. shading is defective

only it works properly when in monochrome mode testing

only it works properly when in monochrome mode testing

Pinmame colorize option is not working with unofficial support for stern SAM tables.

You have to create a palette or use /p option of pin2dmd.exe and add it to the script like 

here http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2270-pin2dmd-table-support/?p=24945

I just want to work in a single color for specific tables. there is some method to set the scrypt of each table and call pin2dmd.exe directly into one color?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I translate here my little tutorial on how to run CCC P-ROC DMD on your PinDMD.

At this time, this method doesn't allow to redirect entirely the P-ROC DMD to a PinDMD device, but only to have a clone.
So you'll have the P-ROC DMD (put somewhere and visible on one of your screens) AND on your PinDMD device.

The method uses the Mirror screen option of DMDExt.

We need :

• DMDExt, actually in version 1.3.0 beta1 (visit DMDExt's home page from time to time to check for newer version).
  • Tom Tower & Ninuzzu's Cactus Canyon Continued in P-ROC mode installed.

1-. Unzip dmdext.zip in a folder, i.e. C:\Games\DMDExt.

We've got 2 files : dmdext.exe and NLog.config.

2-. Next we need to change display size of the P-ROC DMD.
Here are the settings of my C:\P-ROC\Games\cactuscanyon\config\user_settings.yaml file, found at the end of the file :

Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 2340, Color Display Y Offset: 640

My backglass screen has a 1360x768 resolution, 2340 / 640 coordinates make my DMD centered at the bottom of the backglass screen. 
These values are to adapt to your own needs.

3-. Manual launch of the table :

• Open a CMD command prompt and CD to C:\Games\DMDExt
  • Type dmdext.exe mirror --source screen -p 2340 640 512 128 --no-virtual (change 2340 and 640 values to your own needs)
  • Launch the table and enjoy :)
  • Once you quit the game, press Ctrl+C in the CMD window to quit DMDExt.

4-. PinballX integration :

We need to create 2 CMD scripts :

4.1-. StartDMDExt.cmd

• Create a text file and name it StartDMDExt.cmd (the Show file extensions of Windows must be enable, else the file will be named StartDMDExt.cmd.txt and won't work).
  • Edit it and type :
@echo off
start dmdext.exe mirror --source screen -p 2340 640 512 128 --no-virtual

Of course replace 2340 and 640 values with your own settings.

• Save it to C:\Games\DMDExt.

4.2-. StopDMDExt.cmd

• Create a text file and name it StopDMDExt.cmd.
  • Edit it and type :
@echo off
tskill dmdext

Note : tskill command doesn't work with file extension. If you type tskill dmdext.exe, it won't find and won't kill the task. If you type tskill dmdext, it will find and kill the task.

• Save it to C:\Games\DMDExt.

4.3-. Run C:\PinballX\Settings.exe and go to your P-ROC system page :

pbxpro10.png

Fill in Launch Before and Launch After zones like in the above screenshot.

Enjoy :)

Edit : admins and moderators, please move this message if it is off topic here ;)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, is there a link to the correct rgb panels? ive searched, but ordering is a bit confusing at aliexpress.

i see p3,p4,p2.5 etc. all in one product description.

p# indicates spacing i believe.. is that correct?  i dont want to buy the wrong panels.. any help is appreciated.thanks/sparky

• 3 months later...