Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

LMAO looks like the price of the display boards have nearly doubled. Ugh.

This project just went out of my price range unfortunately. $122 bucks for the displays, $26 for the discovery board, $27 for the parts, $80 for the pcb is around $250. I don't know what the hell happened to the price on those displays. Unless someone has an alternate source I'm probably out

The reason is that you get 160x160 panels for the price which consist of two 80x160 panels in one frame.

You can remove the pcb from the frame by unscrewing and put them side by side in a self-made frame or by cutting the frame in two. You can also order the PCB from china for 60$ for 10 pcs incl. shipping to the US. I have a contact in alabama who already did this.

http://de.aliexpress.com/item/P2-5-Indoor-full-color-LED-module-1-16-scan-SMD-2121-3in1-RGB-160-80mm/32475082626.html?adminSeq=220102268&shopNumber=

462419.jpg

• Content Provider

Oh so that one is 64x64, it's two 64x32 matrixes in a square frame, so you just re-position them. The other links said 64x32 for $50ea but the pictures looked like 64x64. The new link is much better thank you. so really about 180, unless a couple friends want to buy my extra pcbs! that's a better price

or how many people are going to do this? lucky1 are you going to provide pcbs or can I set up a group buy? I can drop the PCB price to about $20 + shipping if I buy more than 10 at a time. (this is not including any of the connectors soldered and installed, just the pcb board)

• Content Provider

OK let me sort some things out, I can do the bare pcb and everyone solders their own, or I'll have a local shop quote assembly and I can give the price of the whole pin2dmd pcb assembled. I'll only do 10 of these either way. once I quote the assembly I'll let you guys decide what to do, I'm comfortable soldering my own board but not sure how everyone else feels about that.

If we buy the panel from aliexpress, we just need the HUB75 connector, correct? that would save some money on the parts

• Content Provider

Lucky,

Do you have a picture of the back side of the populated circuit board and a quantity on the parts actually needed  for the build?  Also the 16 pin header, what is that used for?

Fren,

I can solder my own

• Content Provider

The pcb from github is single sided layout with one wire bridge. You can

contact UncleSash about the china PCBs . I think he already ordered 10 pcs.

He also improved my layout in eagle and made the part list for the US.

The 14pin header is for classic pinball interface.

The second 16pin header is for HUB08 pinout display panels.

Lucky1

• Content Provider

Lucky,

Do you have a picture of the back side of the populated circuit board and a quantity on the parts actually needed  for the build?  Also the 16 pin header, what is that used for?

Fren,

I can solder my own

One of the 16 pin headers is the one we need, the other 16 pin and the 14 pin won't be needed as far as I can tell. We want the one labeled on the breakout board as HUB75

• Content Provider

Hello Folks,

I have worked together with Lucky1 at the PCB Layout.

My homebase is located in Tuscaloosa, AL.

I'm an electrican, with a big experience in design and solder from PCB boards.

When anybody wants.... I can make an order list and order everything from CHINA.

But before, you have to know:
Minimum order is 10, that means: Minimum 10 people must order the PCB Board, 10pcs is the minimum quantity for a prototyp order.

It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get the boards and to send to your post box.

Shipping is ONLY available for the US and Canada (higher shipping costs to Canada).

I have no price right now!
But i think it is something between $25 and $75, depends on the Board setup (incl. shipping).

However, I will calculate the costs in more detail when I start the new ordering thread.

And I write down all costs, that everybody knows how less money i made with this stuff :-)

Look at Post #128!

I can offer the following services:

• Packages: (PCB Layout is attached)
  1. complete set (all parts soldered , with STm32F4 Board, code allready loaded to the controller and tested with my RGB LED Display)
  2. 2 Layer PCB Board only
  3. 2 Layer PCB Board with parts, NOT soldered
  4. 2 Layer PCB Board with parts soldered

• 2nd option (layout is attached NOT 1:1!!!!):

I designed a 2nd 2-Layer PCB Board, it cost the double from the single Layer PCB Layout, with name etched on the board,
so it's ESAY to find the correct Headers.
But I can offer only this 2 option on the 2nd one:

1. complete set (all parts soldered , with STm32F4 Board, code already loaded to the controller and tested with my RGB LED Display)
  2. PCB Board with Parts soldered

Give me some feedback.

If I have more than 10 people together who want a board, then I start a new thread  for ordering the Boards!

Look at Post #128!

Best regards

• Content Provider

As far as i know is the SD Card for the RGB function.

The Software saves the Colortable on the card.

So it is necessary to run the RGB DMD.

I hope your question to the SD Card is solved.

Anyways, the SPI-MicroSD adapter cost on eBay only $1.00 (china) to $4.00 (USA, and is the same as from china!)...

best regards

Sascha

Archived