Addressable Rgb's

randr

Think I found the solution of the no reading global file... at least now in DOF frontend it shows that it's loading cabinet and global.

Need further tests, this was just running the cab via remote desktop. The story continue.

Now I found why the LOG file wasn't working either... now is creating a log file.

I'm getting somewhere...

Morning,

my setup dosen't work.

After a double click at Plugins in B2S.Server at backglas

post-578-0-73149800-1450851074_thumb.jpg

here the Show cabinet configuration

post-578-0-41322100-1450851210_thumb.jpg

Teensy in devicemanager

post-578-0-23514300-1450851248_thumb.jpg

and only one installation of B2SServer in root of Visual Pinball

post-578-0-89949400-1450851306_thumb.jpg

My cabinet.xml is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vynsmqsyf1a0th/Cabinet.xml?dl=0

GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72t5k53rgq199er/GlobalConfig_b2SServer.xml?dl=0

When starting DOF useing DirectOutputConfigTester.exe there will be a logfile created in the DOF directory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88pi7p4a0u02aam/C_DirectOutput.txt?dl=0

When starting VP a logflile will be created in Vp directory, starting VPX it will be created in VPX directory

here VP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6ppfay4mkeqcuv/VP_DirectOutput.txt?dl=0

here VPX

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz8x0yeqyhh6se0/VPX_DirectOutput.txt?dl=0

No errors in logfile think it looks good but no ledshow. the directoutput.ini files createt with the dofconfiguration tool

post-578-0-48158500-1450851977_thumb.jpg

Try to change the setting for the colum by edit <LedWizEquivalentOutputNumber>2</LedWizEquivalentOutputNumber> to different values like 1,2,3,4 and so on nothing. The LEDs are soldered on the orange wire > data and orange/white > ground, 5 volts are powered directly to the LEDs over red and white wire.

Here the part of AFM configuration of the directoutputconfig30.ini there are 3 colums defined.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei9dnqbyt5gwcjc/part_directoutput30.txt?dl=0

Here a simple chart how the LEDs are soldered 8 rows a72 LED

> = Ledstrip direction for data

>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<  here are the datawire soldered.

In Cabinet.xml the setting is <LedStripArrangement>RightLeftAlternateBottomUp</LedStripArrangement> read it in the manual under Ledstrip Arrangement Values

http://pinball.weilenmann.net/Docu/DirectOutputWIP/namespace_direct_output_1_1_cab_1_1_toys_1_1_layer.html#adb2af1c5f222fde86a74579aa8364024adefc2b9b39f6fd08ea40bb9b77d80343

Could someone help.

Merry XMas

Karlson

Hi karlson, let me see if I can help you.

First I need you to login to configtool and change config30 (last picture) and move the order to Port 1 to 3 to PF Back Flasher MX, port 4 to 6 to PF Left Flasher MX and port 10 to 12 to PF Right Flasher MX

And then use my cabinet configuration, here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuyUVXUod47NEZhTnE0ODRNUDQ/view?usp=sharing

Then post results.

What I can see your problem resides in your cabinet.xml is not fully complete and have some errors.

PS: When you see it working then you can change the info to your setup. Make sure to keep a backup of mine for reference ;)

• Content Provider

Hi Karlson

First of all: Your post with the problem description is excellent! If all 'I got a problem' posts were like that, it  would be more fun to help!

Had a quick look at your files. Most things seem to fine, but I found one small problem:

In your cabinet config you have the line

<LedWizEquivalentOutputNumber>2</LedWizEquivalentOutputNumber>

Try to replace 2 with 1 or if you want to target the second set of settings replace 2 with 4:

<LedWizEquivalentOutputNumber>1</LedWizEquivalentOutputNumber>

Does that make a difference?

Small explanation:

The LedwizEquivalentToys are needed to help DOF to map the contents of the ini files correctly (The INIs are kind of sitting on top of DOF and are not a part of the inner architecture of the system). The structure of those ini files is still the same as it was in the old ledcontrol.vbs days. This means that config settings which are targeting 1 output (e.gh. a contector) will count for 1 column in the file. For RGB toys, the column with the config settings counts for 3 outputs (because a RGB toy has 3 outputs?). IMHO this a rather strange and not optimal approach (it is particularly absurd when dealing with ledstrips), but it is a legacy thing I cant change without breaking compatibility with old configs.

When you deal with the outputnumber in the LedwizEquivalent toys, you have to take that 3 vs 1 column behaviour into account. To get the correct number you'll have to sum up the number of outputs for each column before the one for which you need the number (e.g. if you have a ini with RGB settings for 3 toys, the first toy will have output number 1, the second will have number 4 and the third will be number 7).

karlson I think is the teensy then. I will post link to sketch files for you to upload to the teensy then. Because if you used my cabinet.xml and the ini30 like I told you and it isn't working... is another problem. Because what swizz told you my cabinet file fixed it.He

Here it is: https://github.com/DirectOutput/TeensyStripController/archive/master.zip

Unzip , open .ino file and compile, it should work for you now.

Merry XMas,

sadly  it don't work maybe there is a Christmas miracle :)

here the logfile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ti2r1he3rhzs3a/DirectOutput_24.12.txt?dl=0

and the cabinet.xml

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m00blxclrlkx4v1/Cabinet_24.12.txt?dl=0

All the rest is the same like in the post before.

I flash the teensy again with the sketch from vampirolatino2 it dosen't work.

I wish you and your family merry christman.

Greetings

kalrson

• Content Provider

Merry xmas

8-amusements-led-lighted-musical-santa-p

@Karlson:

Your log file looks fine, the Teensy and your ledwiz appear as they should, updater threads get started and so on.

It is strange that things are not working.

From my point of view there are 2 things which can be done now:

• Hardware
    Please check one more time if the wiring of your strips and of the controller are OK. The controller should only have its USB connection, plus the data and gnd lines from the controller resp. the OctoWS2811 board to the strips. The strips need in addition to the gnd and the data lines coming from the controller another 2 lines which connect them to +5V and GND. The power supply for the strips has to be strong enough, bot in terms of PSU and thickness of the cables. For 576 leds you should have a PSU which delivers at least 35A (personally I'd go for 40A) and you'll have to inject power in several places. Is all that correctly set up? Are you connecting to the correct pins of the controller. The networkcable I have used to connect my teens to the strip has the signals for the first channel on orange and the gnd on orange white (see image below). However, I cant guartee that this is the same for all cables.
    Stripcontroller_Cabling.jpg
  • Teensy Firmware
    I'll try to hack a small extension of the Teensy firmware as soon as I can. The Teensy has a control led which is not yet used by the firmware. I'll add a bit of code to make that led flicker, whenever the Teensy receives data. This will make it much esier to determine if the Teensy is active and whether DOF sends data to it.

But for now, I'll stop and head for the usual xmas festivities.

All the best

Tom

Mery Xmas!!

Like swiss said, there is more than software here. Please check your cat5 connection, see if really the first 2 cables are like this: orange/white - orange. Test continuity just to be sure the cat5 head is making good contact from the start to the end of cable.

Ho ho ho ho! Best wishes to everyone!!!! :D love yall

Guys, I'm having the weirdest problem with the strips lol .. check this out.

I was playing NBA Fastbrake ... because the strips configuration there are super freaking awesome... and when I finish I left the table running and I go to the kitchen to make something to eat, like 20 to 30 minutes later I come back and I see that 1 strip (2 lines, 72+72) of the back strip matrix of 432 leds (2 strips of 144 leds, cut in 72 led pieces ... making a 6 row) ... then I was like fkkkkkk it burn out :(

Then I disconnect it and move it to the center, but it work and now the one I move don't ... I was like uh? Ok maybe need more power, no, one led is damaged, no (tested with the basic test, all turn on), data cable, no... so I'm clueless to what's happening.

I had a full 6 row back matrix working before I swear lol, now only the bottom 4 work. The first two only blink when I scroll down the pinballx table menu or some tables side things ... so I think it's working like a side strip.. out of nowhere lol

Maybe it will autofix when I get the rest of the led strips for the 2 sides (left and right). Because the configuration is in cabinet.xml, but not the leds.

• Content Provider

As mentioned a few times before, setups with a lot of leds have to be carefully planned and built. Otherwise unpleasant surprises might occur. Things like diameter of the 5v and gnd lines, how often you inject power and so on are rather important, since doing this wrong can create a lot of heat (which can destroy a lot of things or even start a fire).

In most cases where I had some part of the strips suddenly not working anymore, the only thing I had to do was to replace one single led (the first of the not active leds).

As cool as those leds are they are still just a rather cheap china product and high quality is usualy not something you can rely on.

Yes, but this not my case. I'm injecting good power, using good AWG cable, and all the leds are working because I test them with the basic test sketch. The 432 leds all light up like it was Christmas :D

Something is making them not recognize in the configuration. No matter what I put in the cabinet.xml it doesn't light up the top 2 strips, even if I change the order, put the "not working down at he bottom" they light up and the one that was working before now doesn't.

Maybe I'll post a video showing what I mean. I will post the log (both logs) I have separated the pinballx and the directoutput logs.

Thanks

randr point me into the right direction. Now I'm getting it :D

Thanks, as always.

Now to learn how to make shapes for the flashers on the back to be rounded or dif shapes :D

Btw, they still to bright, how can I dim them, because in config tool website there is only options for flashers... and I put 25 of 48 and they still too bright. If it is this options

I need to test them at 2 or something like that lol.

I will tint the back, but meantime..

Hi all,

thanks to swizz and vampiro for helping me now it works. The problem was the first connectet pin was not orange and orange/white it is green and green/white found it with a multimeter out. Next was a bad part of ledstrip cut it out and now it work.

Very awesome to have this in my cab, have to add the sidestrip and then it will be perfect.

Thanks very much flor your support.

Greetings

Karlson