German Pindmd2 Clone

russdx1

Licensing could be an approach.

And please let us know if something comes up with European sales.

It is second biggest pinball market after the US and a lot of potential cab builder's around here.

The whole import thing sux big time. Had to pay 250 bucks for nothing for my cab...

I am currently looking into European sales and will have this sorted so it is available in the eu. I live here my self!

@lucky1

I did not copy that propeller DMD code!

I came up with the idea early 2011 and have dated code to prove this. If you check the data on that propellent code its feb 2012

even my thread at vpforums was created before that date!

also that code is just a simple DMD update routine. it does not have any of the pinMAME functionality.

pinDMD3 is totally different hardware and is quite different from previous models. It will not be compatible with pinDMD2. More to come on pinDMD3 very soon.

• Content Provider

OK, i didn´t mean that you copied the code. Your video shows a 192x64 vishay display driven by a FPGA USB Interface.

That shows that you played around with LED DMDs before that date, but not directly that your research was pinball related

that time. Is there a pinball with 192x64 DMD existing ? Therefore it will still be hard to get a patent on it.

In fact I´m almost sure there is already one on a PC DMD Interface that you broke without knowledge of it.

The only thing that can be or is already copyrighted is your software. The hardware itself is exchangeable with almost

any STM32F407 board.

The hardware is not the problem. The problem is the hardware djoke is selling has been designed to run my firmware. It was designed and built off the back of the pinDMD being reverse egineered. With only one intension to run MY firmware. All the pinouts will match whst pinDMD2 use funny that!

Hi Russ.

The offer will be removed completely this evening...

If you are looking for a reseller in the EU it would be fine if you contact me..

After all I think I was doing the last step too quickly without thinking....

I'm realy interested to get a reseller for

good products. And I will pay for the license too! I do this for the pincontrol1 family actually.

Please forgive me and give me a 2nd chance to do it right...

Regards

Djjoke

No patent. But hes not just made his own version hes actually using my firmware which is just plain stealing. I cant stop him selling the stm dev kit (which is basically what he is doing) but he is selling it with my firmware the kit is useless without my firmware. He even posts a link to MY install guide.

Next step from me will be a cease and desist letter from my solicitor.

I think it is time for a pinDMD3 maybe something with 80bit firmware encryption? :D stop people ripping it off!

It is a shame you have to do that - but you need to protect your investment.

But PLEASE sort out something for EUROPEAN PURCHASERS.  We get stung this side of the pond.

You are right, but what is also sad is that when you need a PinDMD in Europe you pay double the price because of shipping, tax etc.

Maybe you or Noah can do something about that. I would prefer to give you the money instead of the government.

If Noah is getting involved then VirtuaPin dont have UK/German/European distribution. 

I ordered a digital plunger from VirtuaPin and it was simply TOO expensive once parcel force put on £10-£13 and they add VAT plus other charges.

For that reason I wont order from VP again. 

Most people could not be arsed in making their own, and would rather buy a tested working product.  The odd cheap skate will.  The virtual pin plunger board used a standard PCB with a few bits tacked on.  I am sure the PinDMD 2 is the same.  If Microsoft cant protect software then the smaller guys sadly have no chance.

Here is another idea.

Use encrypted software (ie - you need an unlock code for it to work) from the serial number of the main chip - and charge us for the software.

Then ship out the boards extremely cheap (even less than cost) - so we can get them all over the world without being stung.

It would of course mean updating the product.

Most people would pay for the firmware, and its easy to set up with PayPal. 

It is sad we live in a world where this has to be done.

Or send me a dozen boards and I will post them on your instuctions within the EU.

Oh and just had a look at my pinDMD site and if you look bottom left it is actually copyrighted, forgot i added this in 2012!

Also might want to give this a read

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

I work heavily in the music industry.  Just because you put a copyright symbol and say it is copyrighted - it is not.  Correct procedure needs following. 

Then whatever happens it is extremely hard to pursue - especially in different countries.  Will end up costing you many dollars and the only people that will get rich is the lawyers.

You do have excellent proof of concept thru your youtube videos.

My 2 cents..

Russ, for sure lock down the device so it cannot be reversed engineered. Goes without saying these days.

secondly, I would suggest not limiting your biggest market to a single supplier. Nothing against any suppliers out there but today pretty much every part needed to build a virtual pin has multiple options on where to purchase. I think the community would appreciate that same option with the pindmd line of products.  I am more than willing to carry your hardware on my site as discussed going back to the original unit, and still to this day endorse your product every chance I get for those who come to me wanting product or advice on going lcd or real dmd. For that matter I would think vpcabs would also be happy to discuss carrying the product line also.

The pinDMD2 hardware is designed and manufactured from scratch it is not just an off the shelf dev board. The pinDMD3 will be using heavily encrypted firmware to stop this happening again. It will be available for sale in the eu!

Archived