Stern's Rolling Stones

edizzle

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to dboyrecords, the apron is finally in.

All the LE features are working now, including the magnets, stop posts and ceramic ball with double scoring. I had to fabricate my own trough to get that to work but there was probably an easier way that I'm not aware of.

Added some static GI for the time being but will script some dynamic routines in over the weekend. Flashers are mostly done but I'm not sure about the changing image on the Mick on a Stick primitive. Don't worry too much about the red light stuck on at the end, the SAM emulation does not cater for a feature that the real system has which is to fade the light slowly when the solenoid is on for a certain amount of time. I've written a simple routing to get around that and you can see it working on the back white dome flasher and the lips flasher which blink instead of staying on.

Fixed Mick too so ball hits from the back side of the model do not register.

http://youtu.be/lufqTq_mX3w

• Content Provider

Looks awesome!  I think the image change on the Mick on a Stick is a very nice effect.  That is cool that the LE functions are working.  I figured it wouldn't be emulated at all so I had put the magnet triggers and posts in originally but downloaded the pro rom.  Oh well.

And as others have said, man you work fast!

Thanks folks, for some reason I cannot quote when replying on this forum - Click the link and nothing happens :)

paulohotline - What is a beer function? - Sounds good whatever it is :)

I've done quite a few personal tables that cannot be released yet - Stern late models and some lighting mods for VP9 on already authored tables over at the other site.

This table is pretty much done. I installed it on the cabinet today and will test for a day or so and tune the physics a bit.

I also reckon that this machine has the most savage outlane drains on any pinball game ever designed. You'll find yourself using those block posts all the time.

Anyway a day or so more and I'll upload it.

I guess there may be, although it would have to be done by another author. The thing is, after you've put something together in VP10 it's too hard to go back to the old editor. It is so much easier to do certain things than it used to be. I do understand though that some people have an older hardware / OS combo etc.

• Administrators

Awesome build, Dozer!  Honestly, I think we should forget older VP versions for new builds. VP10 is a move for the best and personally, I don't see need for VP9x or PM5 builds to continue. 

Beer me is our site feature that allows people to donate, via Paypal to table authors, media creators, tutorial creators and basically people that contribute to the site. Basically people can buy you a beer as a "Thank You" for your contributions. This feature adds a box "Drunk Multiball" to your download and under your name on the forums and people just enter the amount they want to tip and submit it. The donation goes directly to your PayPal account. For Table Creators, I'll enable it after their first submission.  For others, such as Media, it's after 5 submissions. This feature has to be requested to me in order to have it enabled.

Regarding your Quote issue...  What browser are you using?  I just tested in Chrome, FireFox and Edge and have no issues.

Thanks Dazz for the table feedback and also for the explanation. I'm using Chrome at the moment and have to click on preview before I post which is weird. I've disabled add blockers etc for the vpuniverse.com domain so not sure what's going on. I'll spend some time looking into it, sounds like it's at my end.

Yes, VP10. edizzle was originally going to create a PM5 mod of this table but he's taking a break now so I thought I'd get a VP10 version going.

This is the last video I promise! - Final version with scripted GI, ambient lights on the back rail and I think I've not got a nice balance on those outlanes, as they drain far less and the game is much more fun to play.

Will give it a good testing tomorrow and Sunday and if there are no horrible bugs or ball hangs etc. will upload shortly afterwards.

Dazz, what's the current protocol with VP10 tests, is linking to offline file storage the go? - MEGA etc.

https://youtu.be/vTXNNd_mVk4

• Content Provider

It's been there for a while now.  Can you guys not see it?  I may need to re-visit permissions.

I see it, just wasn't announced or I wasn't aware of it or I ignored it blindly

Hey Fren, what other VP10 tables have you been working on that we have not seen on the other site? Damn dude!

heh well I'll save that for another thread. Nothing too fancy really. I'll send you some more info later today..

• Content Provider

Yes, VP10. edizzle was originally going to create a PM5 mod of this table but he's taking a break now so I thought I'd get a VP10 version going.This is the last video I promise! - Final version with scripted GI, ambient lights on the back rail and I think I've not got a nice balance on those outlanes, as they drain far less and the game is much more fun to play.Will give it a good testing tomorrow and Sunday and if there are no horrible bugs or ball hangs etc. will upload shortly afterwards.Dazz, what's the current protocol with VP10 tests, is linking to offline file storage the go? - MEGA etc.

https://youtu.be/vTXNNd_mVk4

my dream comes true, the table looks great.

I cant see any tables at all in the VP10 section.....

Better get VP10 in my cab in preperation :)

Really enjoying the WIP version of 'Rolling Stones' - cant wait to see the full version up.  Anyone got a 'playfield' image for Pinball X?

Archived