Spiderman Stern 2007 Won't Run Because Of Rom

bpjacobsen

I named the rom sman_260 as instructed by 85vett, the author of the table but It won't run. Anyone else having this issue? Using the physmod5 version. Named both the rom and .bin file and script game name sman_260. also tried sman260, sman_260a, sman260a etc. Why won't this run. see attached error.

post-7341-0-59377700-1425988855_thumb.png

I would have to think it's because you don't have the right rom named correctly.  Show me a snapshot of:

- the area in the script that shows the rom name

- the rom sitting in your rom folder (ensure it's not a .RAR!!!)

- the filename inside the rom itself

Actually before doing so, as usual and I think was mentioned before, always test if the rom is working through the Vpinmame setup.exe first. It's no use trying to get it to run in the table if it doesn't pass the VPM "test" function.  If you can load your vpinmame setup.exe then click "test" then go to the spider-man v2.6 and then click "check roms", you will be able to tell if you've named it properly.  As you can see from my attached screenshots, the file name should be sman_260.zip (rom set name) and the actual name of the rom inside that zip should be:  sman260a.bin.  You can see the state indicates "ok" and "rom set is good: VPINMAME is able to use it".  There is no need to try different file names as you are, don't guess, use the tool properly and you will see it will make your life much easier, it completely takes the guessing game out of it :).

This is always the first thing you should do when encountering an error, load up VpinMame's setup.exe, check to see if you have the rom name and if it's named correctly both as a file and the .bin that is inside that zip file.  I've also included another screengrab that shows the expected error when someone does not have the right rom (sman_240.zip and the expected content sman240a.bin).

If you try what I suggest and still have an issue, I have to think there is a typo in your table script (maybe an added space?).  So at least post a section of your script that shows the proper rom name and then include a pic that shows as I did that your rom passed the VPINMAME test.

post-110-0-17253200-1426001448_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-68330600-1426001470_thumb.jpg

Just tried the same. I tried vpinmame test with the rom that is available on the Stern website, but it does not work. When I change the name of the rom to sman_261.zip and then start the same test from vpinmame, the DMD will start. After changing the romname in the table script, the DMD is showing for about 0,5 second, then it disappears and the table is not started, without any error message.

I think something in the new romfile changed that is not compatible with this table. I guess that the only solution would be to obtain the right sman_260 from somewhere or the table must get an update so it can use the new romfile.

The romfile on the Stern site is version 261 (iguess, becaise it is names SPD26164.zip) 

• Content Provider

ronaldvg - you problem is probably the global physics if you don't have values there.  Just change "override by global physics" under backdrop options/physics from 1 to 0.  The table works fine on my cab today as well as many others so it's a setting on your machine if it still doesn't work.

bpj - The newest rom is 261.  If you have it labled correctly in your roms folder, the newest VPmame file and the script updated to 261 then it should work fine. 

Both of you - Be sure to check the support threads for tables.  Both of these issues were discussed in length there.  Checking those first will generally resolve most issues and will save you some time/frustration along the way.  There is a link to those threads on every download for the table (will be on the right hand side of the screen where download the table from).  Here is this ones specifically, http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1231-spiderman-fs-stern-2007-85vett/

Hi 85vett,

Thanks for your reply. Your pointer of changing the global physics override caused that the table starts here, but again with the error that the TS has reported. After changing the name of the romfile to sman_261.zip (containing sman_261a.bin) and the change of the script line 28 from sman_260 to sman_261 everything works.

Thanks for your help and thanks for the great tables that you made/worked on.

OK, I'm closer but I have an issue now that I have never seen. It finally gave me the legal notice yes/no prompt to run the rom and it does run in the test but for some reason, it acts like it will load then goes away and is not running in the background. The B2S backglass appears for about 5 seconds as normal then everything disappears and I am back to the editor. see screenshots attached showing what I believe should be all correct names. Thanks again. (also added my test so you can see it runs.)

post-7341-0-63557600-1426028453_thumb.png

post-7341-0-92283000-1426028457_thumb.png

post-7341-0-17581000-1426028462_thumb.png

Well, I was able to get the regular version to work but not the physmod5 version. Question though. Is there really much of a difference between the physmod tables and standard? I am not really noticing at least not graphics wise. What is the main difference? My concern is whether or not it is possible to run both version via pinballx and how it would know which version to run per table.

vp10 will only run tables designed for vp10----- Vp10 will not run  .vpt tables

Some of the older games will not work with the newer the vp991..  if you are running Pinballx you need to setup multiple versions of the vp..

Make sure you read down the whole page for more info

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27822&hl=%2Bversions+%2Bvisual

-

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27416&page=32#entry266075

-

If you are looking for 921 click on 991 and go all the way to the end you will find it
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=5

• 2 months later...

ronaldvg - you problem is probably the global physics if you don't have values there.  Just change "override by global physics" under backdrop options/physics from 1 to 0.  The table works fine on my cab today as well as many others so it's a setting on your machine if it still doesn't work.

Where do you do this change at? In the script(couldn't find it). Option in the VP9.9 editor(couldn't find that either).

Archived