Wip Original Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Vp 10)

lodger

Hi all

Some of you may have seen this WIP posted at VP forums, but I wanted to show this here as well to get feedback from those who don't delve there. I"m working on an original table based on the classic Capcom Arcade game Ghouls N Ghosts. This game will be on the VP 10 platform and am planning on using ultra DMD to do add dot matrix animations, updates, etc. Gameplay should be pretty unique:

-weapons that turn on new features, offer new strengths and weaknessess

-many mode options that are unlocked with successful completion of levels

-multiple collect bonuses

-boss fights to conclude rounds (shot objectives with a special target area that does multiple things depending on how the region is hit)

The game will feature sounds and music from the arcade game (the music will most likely be slightly remixed and edited by myself as there was no percussion in the original arcade)

To date it is a combination of original artwork paired with stuff sampled from within the G n G franchise.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions- i know i'll need to fix some of the lettering soon, but let me know any thoughts or suggestions you might have! Thanks

=Lodger

post-5261-0-93194500-1425184843_thumb.png

post-5261-0-66267100-1425184865_thumb.png

I have a suggestion.... I love the arcade game and have played it through. I the game you have Armor, you take a hit the Armor goes, but you live on, but another hit will kill you. How about a ball save feature, where the Armor light is on for the first 10 secs of each ball, if you lose the ball within the first 10 secs, you lose your armour (light goes off, could have the Knight light lose Armor and look naked, just like the arcade game) but get the ball back.

Fren,

Good idea. I was thinking of maybe treating the posts as targets, but i think that sold me. Jamma, that's going to be in there on the DMD :) Complete the left set of targets to turn on the kickback, complete the right set for the gate, complete the set of armor by lighting both to have both of the side saves and shoot again lit for 30 seconds)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

here's the latest progress on the table. I have a link if anyone wants to try the WIP in vp 10

things to check out:

-skillshot magnet that awards points for time in boss circle, activated by a light plunge hitting 3rd rollover in circle

-2 ball multiball set up for hitting in line targets

-hit left ramp to charge mode light, hit captive ball to launch random mode

- mode set up at this time is a shoot lit target mode. this is working partially at this point

-hit targets to right of the dragon to increase or decrease next weapon mode. shoot the lane with the green lights 3 times to open the gate that goes from that lane to boss lane, this will set the flashing next weapon as the active weapon mode

-rolling over inlanes turns on a timer for a ramp multiplier.

There's still lots of code to write (Lyman, your job is safe) and graphical work to do, but i'd appreciate any feedback on the gameplay so far and how accessable the modes are at this time.

Please note at the present time, lights do not turn off at the end of balls or games to make it easier to test modes, etc. Thanks and please let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox....UL v19.vpx?dl=0

-Lodger

• 3 months later...

Archived