How To Split A Rgb Flasher Across 3 Banks On The Ledwiz?

mountainman

Anybody know how to split a RGB across 3 LedWiz banks?

I wanted to get the 3 RGB LEDs of Flasher 5 - Right to split across LedWiz Bank 1,2,3 to keep 2 RGBs off one whole bank.

The DOF tool groups them together in sequence

I'm using 350mA Cree LEDs and don't want to overdrive the 1A max per bank stated in the LedWiz install doc.

Is everyone else running 2 different 350mA RGB legs on one LedWiz bank without overdriving it?

• Content Provider

You could overcome that limitation of the config tool by using a custom cabinet config file, but that requires some manual editing of that cabinet config xml.

I think you best and easier bet would be to use some booster for the ledwiz. Like that you'll never run into the problem of overloading the ledwiz outputs.

• Content Provider
I guess you could get clever and space them out to get the result of 4 per bank

Have LED1 at 5 6 7

Have LED2 at 8 9 10

Have LED3 at 16 17 18

Have LED4 at 23 24 25

Have LED5 at 26 27 28

I am using RGB amps since I have 2 LED bars (so drawing 700mA max per  LEDwiz channel)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I actually bought new resistors. The Cree XM-Ls at 350mA are WAY to bright. Hard to see the playfield. I used the new resistors to get them down to 200mA and they are perfect.

In the meantime I ordered a Bare Bones Booster from Zeb.

For the time being, i'm running 6 x 200mA legs on the LedWiz for bank 1 until the booster gets in. Even at 1.2As on the LEDWiz bank the heatsink still never gets hot.

But now I want a shaker/gear motor. :D

The fun never ends. :)

Archived