Question About Deactivating Ports In Dof - Do Switches Get Reassigned?

Hello, I recently deactivated my Port 12 - 10 Bumper Back Right in the DOF port assignments and now noticed that I am missing feedback on switches in games that I play quite a bit. Specifically the "Clock Millions" (center switch) between the ramps in Twilight Zone no longer providing feedback?

I thought DOF would assign these switches to other port contactors automatically since I have 7 (working) to choose from or do you lose it?

I think DOF assigns feedback to "nearby" devices if you have any. For instance. I only have two contactors in my machine and they are on the sides of the cab by the flipper buttons. They obviously provide feedback for the flippers but also provide feedback on games that have pop bumpers and what not down toward the apron side of the play field.

Oh boy this is a problem. I would like to manually assign these switches that were previously handled by Port 12 - "10 Bumper Back Right" to another contactor say "10 Bumper Middle Center" on Port 11. How would I do this?

For DOF v3 is that something you can look at implementing? Letting you select how many contactors you have installed 1-10 etc. I don't even mind if the slingshots right or left kick in for these switches in the top middle/back. Just as long as we have feedback. I do have 7 working contactors working in my cab, I should be able to spread the workload around :)

Thanks!

• Content Provider

there are 2 things that i would like to implement in the tool

first is the ability for the user to a rgb toy to a single color toy, like you can transform the rgb flipper to a monocolor flipper, by removing the colors

second is the ability for the user to map several toys to the same output.

this will require time, focus and beers :)

• Content Provider

Just throwing this out there for discussion.  2 ports, 1 solenoid.   

Couldn't you wire the working solenoid to both ports 11 and 12?  So when either 11 or 12 is triggered, the working solenoid would fire

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but I am not comfortable rewiring this ledwiz setup at all. These Virtua Pins were not designed for easy access to the back end and it's a big mess of wires back there. That contactor started acting flaky after I snaked in a wire to the PC to split out the audio for a sub. Makes no sense, and it appears to be hooked up fine. What would cause a contactor to pulse like a machine gun instead of just one pulse?

I will wait for a software solution, I see myself frying the ledwiz setup if I start messing with it. I will stick to PCs and software troubleshooting for now :)

I was looking at 12V Siemens contactor prices on ebay and they are easily over $100 a piece which is nutty. Why are they so expensive?

Here is one on Amazon.com -> http://www.amazon.com/Siemens-16-1BA42-Contactor-Terminals-Auxiliary/dp/B004YYEATU

Archived