Gear Works... Sometime

some problems with my gear that works sometime. with lumaura function every channel of whole 32 of ledwiz works fine, from led to toys.

in medieval madness and tale of arabian night it doesn't work in monster bash of unclewilly 2.8 (that ask you before play if you want to activate or not DOF) works perfectly. i'm new so i will post my passages... maybe i forgot something

download latest rel of DOF R2 and extract in C:\directoutput

made a shortcute of C:\directoutput in dir tables of visualpinball

gone in vpuniverse/ledwiz, setup every port assignements and create directoutputconfig.ini ... a copy in tables dirt of viasual pinball and a copy in c:\directoutput

opened GlobalConfigEditor.exe, located directoutputconfig.ini but didn't create cabinet config xml (in guide says it's not necessary)

work everything (8 contactors, 5 led rgb, 2 strobo, shaker, knocker....) but not gear.

only in monsterbash that ask me before play if i want dof

... i missed something?

thanks

It's connected to Ledwiz thorough a relay with no booster boards.

12v - of gear to v- of 12v power supply
12v+ of gear to relay com 11
Bridge between normally open 14 to a1
A2 pass through 500 mA fuse to port 16 of ledwiz
A1 go to 2 terminal blocks (1 for shaker and 1 for gear)
2 terminal blocks with pass through 10a slow blow fuse and go to v+ of 12v power supply

Like schematic
Repeat that with monster bash work perfectly

EDIT1: sorry in monster bash start for about 5 seconds starting to play after that never works ....  (now i think i don't believe monster bash table needs the gear)

after made directouput.ini i have toset some xml?? why everything works apart the gear?

post-4559-0-83025700-1419273194_thumb.jpg

it works out tables. try to wire with no relay to verify if gear is not broken and it is ok.

the wire is correct (4 wire in gear: slow, fast, intermittance, ground), the slow wire.

with medieval madness doesn't work, tales of arabian night nothing, monster bash and elvira works the first 5 seconds (it works also if i start to play.... looks like an error) so there's no problem with relay.

i have to change something in script?

directoutput.ini is in correct place, have i to set others xml?

it seems everyrthing works correct but there's problem of communication with dof

You shouldn't need to change anything in xml if your port is set to gear in tool. Tales of Arabian nights I don't think uses gear that I recall... Attack from Mars has gear in drop target movement medieval madness has gear on gate of castle movement

mhhhh i tried to change all wiring. relay works and everything... it's really strange

now i will try with DOF r1

is it ok?

if i click on UpdateNotification.exe on latest version of DOF r2 it notify to me to download and install latest version of direct input because the version i'm using it's not compatible....

• Content Provider

UpdateNotification.exe will always show you the message to update. Thats the only purpose of this program. It is called by DOF if a update is required.

If everything else works as expected and only the gear motor has problems, there are the following things which might be wrong:

1. Something about the hardware, wiring and so on is wrong.
  2. Your propmappings in the config tool might not be correct.
  3. If you use a cabinet config file (not needed if you only use a ledwiz) there can be a bug in it as well.

Agree with swisslizard...make sure you "power" ledwiz @5vdv terminal as usb can at times not keep up with power demand. Also make sure diode is used on gear motor and diode is tested as good. Maybe try another port on ledwiz as port can be bad if you have a open port change config tool to use that for gear and wire to new port

Really thanks to all users try to help me but nothing to do! Thanks also ti swisslizard but I need more help guys.

A day spent to try a solution

Tried diode ... Nothing...

Tried also other wire (intermittency and fast) nothing

Gear works if connected directly to 12v power supply

Gear works connected to Ledwiz with lumaura

Gear works in some tables with problems (like write up)

Gear works in others method write if I swap port of Ledwiz

Try to change USB port of Leddwiz

Try to swap relay with knocker to verify if relay is ok... Knocker works and gear like before

Complete clean install of win8.1... The same

The problem is it doesn't work when it should!

So now the last options:

- have I to connect ledwiz to 5v? Sorry randr but the kick harness in ledwiz near the ground is 5v output... It take the 5v from the usb and is used to give 5v... You could use it if you need to activate some 5v LEDs and You connect the common anode of led to the 5v harness of ledwiz so it's useless connect ledwiz to 5v power supply... Please say to me if what I wrote is correct.

Now the last thing is arrive directly to directoutputconfig.ini and try to edit when gear start...

I really think that problem is when Table recall gear.

Someone could help me writing txt/ini files or table script?

Really thanks to everyone

this is a real nightmare...

5v of ledwiz wired with 5v of pc power supply... nothing

bank 9-16 of ledwiz wired with 12v from separate 12v power supply... nothing

i really think is a software issue.... like if gear isn't called to right time by DOF

there are my port mapping and directoutputconfig.ini renamed in txt to could be uploaded

post-4559-0-65628200-1419417085_thumb.jpg

directoutputconfig.ini.txt

• Content Provider

Try to assign the gear also to one of the ports where you have you flashers instead of the flasher config (e.g. port 3). Tjis will allow you to see, when DOF activates the gear motor. Play a few games and check if the led is active more often that your gear motor.

yes i was thinkg to do the same thing... it works!!!!

relly thanks swisslizard... it was like i believed...there's something wrong in table script of monster bash and medieval madness

restored original mine port mapping and try with funhouse. the rudy's mouth movement are perfect and gear activate perfectly (if only i tried before.... )

ok i must see the script per each table pereach event. i was really sure that hitting caslte gate and door gear should move but only shaker

really really thanks to everyone!!!

Archived