Manga Save Buttons

electricmagma

Hey guys

I have magma save buttons installed and am finding I really don't utilize them much.

I have Black Knight 2k and I also use them for fire buttons on mame games like mappy and Galaga

Do any of you guys do anything special with them? What are your favourite pins that use the the 2 extra buttons?

Cheers

I love those extra buttons for haunted house as you can set to control the upper flippers with the magna save buttons (which I think is realistic?). I think is it LAH that also uses one? Also, the dungeons and dragons table uses them as well, though it can be set to automatic but where is the fun in that? ;) of course there are also the sterns that have the "Fire" Button on the lockdown bar, those if they use a real plunger could be used as well.

• 2 months later...

As I do not have nudging (yet) implemented on my VPcab I use the magna buttons for left-right nudging....

Stupid but when i find myself playing a real pinball machine I press "above the flippers" (normally there is nothing there) when a ball starts to drain.....

But otherwise, in VP I like the extra action of nudging this way.....  (the tric comes in when these buttons do have an other function as well and you want to use them as nudge buttons.....)

Itchy, If I could make a suggestion.

On all those OLD tables you have converted Itchy that require a key push to load the ball into the shooting lane:  You have mapped it to a specific key and it was a key I did not have available to me on my cab.

If you could map the ball load to the right magnasave it would make it more universal for folks.

• Content Provider

Why not map it to multiple keys? My Pinball X by letter keys are also mapped to nudge. (That was before my board). Changing the key is a 1 character mod. But I understand as you have my tables in a bunch. But those old vp8's used the A key in the past, that's why I used that key in my cab.

My start button is 1 ans S, because a lot of old tables used S, and rather than mod each I just used multiple keys. Now it's the odd one I have to mod.

See this too:  http://roguepinball.com/index.php/topic,988.0.html

vpkeycodes.txt

By mapping it to a named VP key then as someone places the table in their cabinet, it will work without remapping for their cabinet.

When you map it to a SPECIFIC key, you must edit the tables script on a cabinet by cabinet basis.

• Content Provider

I'll try to do this:
If Keycode=a or rtmagnasave.

I know you have to edit the table, and I know you have all my tables, but it's a matter of changing 1 number in 1 place. I'll try to remember to do that. :)

Archived