Promotion To An Article

Can someone please explain how a table gets promoted to an article here on VPU ?

I read through the rules and help but did not find any info on it, i really like the fact that this exists on this forum and helps new members get an overview of VPU.

I noticed the Add Article button ( and info contained therein ), but since i'm not a table author, i felt that adding an article was inappropriate for me to do.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Javier's AC/DC table, but I was wondering how it got ahead of WPT and CSI , and why these tables aren't there under Latest News.

Its no biggie , i know the format of this forum is not fixed yet, but i feel having the latest releases in order will benefit new members, especially since most recent on downloads is backwards ( i know you know this and are fixing with board upgrade )

Cheers

• Administrators

Simple... it just depends on if/when I get a chance to do it. There is nothing automatic about it. I just happened to be sitting at my computer and had time when ACDC was approved. I just didn't have time to do so when the others were.

Thanks for Responding . Exactly, thats my point. Do these bulletin boards have that option available ( Automatic Update for News ) ? , that way the mentioned tables and other great tables don't get missed/skipped/delayed, so when new potential members land on that page for the first time, they get smacked in the face with what you have to offer and sign up instantly, instead of them having to dig around to find what they are looking for or makes it easier for them to window shop. Not to mention The Admin (you) have less work  ;) 

Just thought i would bring this up here in this temp forum as i think its a great promotional tool for VPU and one i haven't seen on any other forum I'm a member of. I do what i can to attract new members here because i enjoy this place and you know what they say :

If the food looks good, it must be tasty

gaila-startrek.jpg

Cheers  :lol:

• Administrators

I tried to make each into a front page article when the table is approved. Sometimes I approve releases from my phone and I can't create articles easily. By the time I get home to my PC and able to do site stuff I forgot about it... So my question is... would you rather have new releases approved as soon as I get the notification? Or do I wait to approve and create the article when I'm able to get to my computer?

And honestly, I didn't even realize that anyone even looked at that front page... I'll make more of an effort to keep it updated.

On a side note, I do try to make sure that articles are created for the highly anticipated releases.

The main reason i brought this up was because i thought that if a table reached a certain amount of downloads or views it got promoted to the front page, i assumed it was automatic because of the phrase "  This post has been promoted to an article " in the table support thread which is not the case, but since you have to manually do it and you have your hands full running and keeping this forum up, i think thats the most important part and the rest is cosmetic.

Personally every table that is released here is Highly Anticipated because they are all unique to this forum and not available elsewhere, especially the PM5 tables.

If there is an easy way to do it in the future , i would prefer when any table is approved by yourself that it gets an article and follows the current newest to oldest posting and maybe have the info a little smaller for each table to fit more on the first page, similar to this :

Screenshot_2013-05-16-21-18-40.jpg

But like i said if its a pain to do, forget i mentioned it as keeping the forum up is the most important thing you are doing.

Thanks for the Forum Dazz, keep up the great work. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived