After Install Of Vpinmame - Pindmd Error

naboodiver

I need some direction from the community.    I installed the new version of VPinmame (cabinet) off the site to be able to run World Poker Tour and now all of my tables abort.    It appears all table roms are now set to PinDMD and all of my DMD displays have moved back to the main or backglass screen .    Not sure how this happened but it has.    I know I can use the F1 to reset the PinDMD and move the DMD back to 3rd screen but this is taking forever as I have over 270 tables.    I have tried the "Setup in  Pinmame - Set Default" and that has worked for the Cabinet selection but not to remove the check mark for PinDMD.     

Can someone suggest a solution that does not involve doing an F1 reset of every table individually.    Thanks for the help in advance.

• Content Provider

Reply stolen from Jkrimbell on VPF since there is no respect given on that website  :rolleyes:

"you can edit your registry key manually for each table (hidiously time consuming) or you can export the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame" to a reg file, edit with text editor, save, then double click to add back to registry.  The setting you want to change (with the text editor, find/replace all) is UsePinDMD=1.  Change to UsePinDMD=0.  "

• Administrators

As long as this key is the only one you are screwing with it shouldn't have anything to do with the computer booting.

Export only the key above. Open in Notepad++, use the find/replace feature. Save as a .reg file and then import.

• Administrators
i don't know what you are doing to have this problem, i don't have the issue here..

This is the same thing that happened to me before as well. I used the SetDMD program to update colors. Perhaps that might have caused my issue and caused the PinDMD to enable somehow.

I updated the other day and had the same issue and had to change the registry. Not all tables were affected probably 50 to 100  or so tables out of 400 were changed. Similar to Dazz i used pindmd to set the default position for the dmd when i first set up my cabinet. 

• 1 month later...

same prob here, as i just updated with last Angrim vpm.dll ... probs only on the cab, not on the desktop !?

and not for all tables, some are OK (gottlieb) & the SS, but the others (B/W STERN ...) with DMD are off (not tried all of course)

wll try the reg trick above ;)

didnt works, and i'm usual with reg use...

in fact get none key (as i got no MD), than create usepindmd (same after with showpindmd) set to 0, register, was well in, but didnt change anything with VP...

finally back with installing the last "no" DMD (?) dll (3497 sam unity 1.2), and all is back to normal like a charm...

than wtf ;)

and while i'm here, merry xmas all

Archived