Iron Man "v" Edition

85vett

• Content Provider

I figured that since Stern redid their Iron Man, that maybe I should redo mine.  I'm going through and updating the old table to 3D models of as much as I can.  The biggest changes so far are the ramps (from the FP table), the monger (5 separate models stitched together, Thanks to Dark for the help with this), War Machine model, Whiplash model (not pictured) and some graphical adjustments to the PF (darkened a bit).

Here's a pic of current progress.  I think I need to shrink the monger items a bit.  Thoughts?

1413991515.png

• Content Provider

Little more done tonight.  Still can't get the art to line up with my plastics.  Got some tips and still can't figure it out.  Put red in as placeholders for now.  Going to work on everything else and do the plastic art last.

1414035487.jpg

• Content Provider

Are those ramps primitive?? They look really good

Yes.  From the FP version.  Figured it wasn't worth the time to recreate the wheel.  I also figure that author owes me anyway since I paid him 3 times to be a VIP member and never got the VIP link back when I cared about FP and he never returned any of my e-mails.

It's looking great!  Should be another fine 85vett release.  Is your "V" release going to go for a more LED lighting look like the Vault edition?

The GI will be different but the inserts will remain pretty much the same as my other version.

• Content Provider

vett can I help with the plastics at all? Is it the issue we discussed?

It is.  I'm going to keep plugging away and if I can't get it figured out I'll shoot it your way.  I'll get it 100% finished before then so only one person is working on the table if it comes to that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Convinced a friend of mine to let me shop out his IM for him if he buys the parts.  This will allow me to get pics of all his plastics so I can replace my drawn ones with the real ones :-)

Fren - After I get the pics I may still need help getting the images to match the maps.  Will let you know when that time comes.

Little more progress made on the update as well.

1415030254.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Give it a roll - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93602694/Ironman%20update%2021.vpt

It's a WIP but feel free to play this version and advise on what you think.  Progress is super slow on these as I've lost the drive to sit at my PC for hours on end making the tables so this one may take a while to polish up. 

• Content Provider

Yes, this is PM5 only at this point.

Tested, looks brilliant.

I think the flipper power is to much. Ballspeed like a flash.

That and I think yall will find there are a couple of rubbers that are a bit to bouncy.  Should still play good but will be a bit faster than most expect.

Archived