Dof Config Tool Request: Set Ledwiz Unit Numbers Explicitly

mjr

It would be nice to be able to tell the DOF config tool the unit numbers assigned to the LedWiz devices in the system.  Right now, if you tell the tool you have one LedWiz, it assumes it's unit #1.  If you tell it you have two, it assumes they're units #1 and #2.  DOF itself doesn't make this assumption - if your devices identify themselves as units #2 and #8, DOF is happy to deal with them at those addresses as long as you name the .ini files correctly (with "2" and "8" suffixes).  

I can manually rename the files, but it would be nice to eliminate the manual step by letting me enter the unit numbers into the tool, so that it generates the files with the correct names to start with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I guess the easiest solution if you use a setup with "missing" ledwiz number (e.g. just ledwiz 2 and 8) would be to define 8 ledwizunits in the config tool and only to configure toys for units 2 and 8. When you generate the ini files dof will build 8 ini files (6 of them without any effect configs). Since DOF finds only the existing ledwiz units, it wont do anything with the other 6 files.

Probably not the prettiest possible solution, but it should work without any problem and wont have any negative impact on performance.

Archived