Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Content Provider

Another WIP I am currently working on (mainly for my daughter :) )

To have a little relaxing time from nonstop doing POTC, I thought I start that project. Easy table from the layout. But since there

is no good material all over, I have to redraw EVERYTHING!

So I started to vectorize the PF.

Much work to do here

post-5468-0-41879200-1410517532_thumb.jpg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Yeah I guess :) But I guess I will not to do the Toys in 3d, since this are easy looking, but hard to model toys. Also the fact that most are static makes it a little easier to use 2d primitives.

Only Toy I will model is Stewie cause of the rotation. But lets see how thrilled I am when I´m doin it :)

post-5468-0-63791600-1410535861_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

ain14 it's an improvement, at least you didn't tell him "it's already available in fp" like you did last time!

redraw looks good groni. how long does it normally take you to finish a playfield? and what software do you use, illustrator? I've only been using photoshop right now but i really should start vectoring.

• Content Provider

@ freneticamnesic

It depends on detail. A PF like this is not so heavy, cause there are easy to redraw graphics. The Redraw from POTC tooked me about 2 Months, cause I was always looking for better resources.

If you want to start vectorize, than you should go with "Inkscape". Very nice and powerful FREE Program. Together with Photoshop the perfect combination.

Is that somekinda rule I missed? A table can be released just one time?? and what do I have to care about it? Nothing ;) It´s FP...We don´t really need to talk about that...Also without original Rom

only half the quality. I always do a table, when I want to do it, no matter if there is another version out there. When I think I can improve it, then I do it! And there are ALOT Tables that needs improvements!

Family Guy is one of them! Also I do it for my daughter, since she loves that pin!!

• Content Provider

Haha exactly, it just irked me because he brought up something like that in one of my wips "it's already done in fp" and it just pisses me off!

I'll try inkscape, sounds like a good deal. You are using a drawing tablet? I picked up one similar to the wacom intuos 4m and I enjoy it. Vectoring would put my ability on another level though. Obviously, POTC has actual pictures/textures so the redraw is harder (which is why I didn't redraw 24), but the table I did recently was just retracing art so it only took a few days thankfully.

• Content Provider

I use both Mouse and Drawing Tablet. There are always things that you can do better with the mouse. Yeah POTC and many other Stern Tables uses many pictures. Also my POTC is not a complete

redraw. It´s a mix of both. If you try redrawing a photo, it ends up looking unreal. Family Guy is easy :) Black Lines filled with one color. Not even or just a few shadows and a gradient overlay in the back..

Well my biggers problem with the FP version of Family Guy aside from not having real ROM support was the really shapeless 3D characters. 

The Screen shot that ain14 posted seems to have much better looking 3D objects, would like to know where he found that one? :)

At any rate I am definantly looking forward to a VP version of Family Guy.  You just can't beat the Rom support and physics of VP.  I really hope you can get the characters looking like the real table "that would be freakin' sweet, hahahaha!"

• Content Provider

Well my biggers problem with the FP version of Family Guy aside from not having real ROM support was the really shapeless 3D characters. 

The Screen shot that ain14 posted seems to have much better looking 3D objects, would like to know where he found that one? :)

At any rate I am definantly looking forward to a VP version of Family Guy.  You just can't beat the Rom support and physics of VP.  I really hope you can get the characters looking like the real table "that would be freakin' sweet, hahahaha!"

LOL he posted a picture of the actual table

• Content Provider

The Problem with using Models from FP is simply, that I have not the feeling I am doing something by myself. The only thing I really borrowed for my POTC Table is the Bumperbody and Diamondpost, since

I was not in the mood for modeling it. But that are standard objects. I would not feel good to borrow all toys from the FP ( also cause they are wrong ) and just put them into my table. I will use 2d Primitives for

the beginning. And maybe if I am in the mood, I will model them.

BTW...Not much left to do in the lower part of the playfield...

post-5468-0-57620000-1410551148_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

Here is a little quick preview for now of how the 2d Shapes will look like (unedited pictures). I think that not the best 3dModel will make that look better. Also you can see how the playfield looks when it´s on the table.

post-5468-0-30700700-1410555155_thumb.jpg

Archived