Batman Dark Knight Wip

85vett

• Content Provider

It's really not necessary to use them. But for me, my eyes are kind of bad, so lining up those global textures in the vp editor is difficult. When you zoom in as close as I need to to see the vp editor gets slow and glitchy.

Where as the fp editor doesnt.

And the fp editor makes better curves

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Haha

Oh yea. Doesn't the left ramp move too? You got 3 moving parts there I think....

Exactly.  And with my poor scripting skills this is going to be a pain.  It really has 4 main moving parts to figure out:

- Crane - primative crane (can't get the ball and spring texture to work though), with moving dropablable walls to trigger the switches

- Joker - Have the city and joker panels that spin around.  This one is working already thanks to the kindness of UW :-)

- Batramp.  Actually two things.  Moving ramp for the ball and then also having the car move as well on the lower portion of the ramp.

The good news is that I played a few balls last night to make sure the table was playing correctly as for the shots and so far it's feeling good.  next I need to add the main ramp and upper playfield.  Going to put the scarcrow and batmobile ramp to the end as I know that will be the thorn in my side assuming I can even figure it out.

• Content Provider

Also, anyone have a clue why sometimes a primative will be made invisible when under a wall where as other times it wont be?  For example, look at the right inlane.  The three large post for that plastic are visible under the clear wall.  The smaller post at the top right though is not showing visible. 

• Content Provider

Yes. I had to play with this for th primitive bumper rings.

Couldn't see them at first through the caps.

Just need to play with it. It's a little hokey, kind of like the drawing order in fp.

first I try 100 if it still doesn't render I go the other way -100 or 5 or something lower

• Content Provider

This table sure has a lot of toys.  Let us know if you need any scripting help before you reach the frustration point :)

Will do.  I think the one I'll need help with is the crane since I'm trying to use the FP primative crane. 

It's actually a fairly easy code for the toys. At least how phil and I did them on the original version from a few years ago.

Yeah, I think the batmobile ramp and joker will be good at still using the walls.  The crane is what concerns me a bit.  Think it will have to mirror something like the drac script with the drop walls so the ball can be hit while it is between stop locations.  Thanks again for letting me borrow some of the scripting.  That Joker script would have taken me a while to get working ;-)

• Content Provider

Got a few more things added.  Got started on the mini playfield and added the ramps for the ball to ride on.  I obviously have to add the images and add the graphical ramps to the table but it's getting closer to being playable.  Once I get all the parts in place then I can start working on making it look nice.

1409199132.jpg

• Content Provider

If you need any images or textures let me know I have tons of stuff redrawn

This was a tricky one to build, can't wait to see how it turns out

I wonder now since we have primitives we can get a realistic ball animation when hit on the crane. Seems like a lot of the limits I had can now be overcome

Scott I look at ours and marvel how we got it all looking so good at the time. At today's standards it looks like a converted spanned FS table ;)

• Content Provider

If you need any images or textures let me know I have tons of stuff redrawn

This was a tricky one to build, can't wait to see how it turns out

I wonder now since we have primitives we can get a realistic ball animation when hit on the crane. Seems like a lot of the limits I had can now be overcome

Scott I look at ours and marvel how we got it all looking so good at the time. At today's standards it looks like a converted spanned FS table ;)

That would be great.  I've got the playfield covered but the plastics would be awesome to have so I don't have to do those myself.

I'm hoping the same with the primative crane.  Will need help scripting it but that was the hope to where we can get the ball to move now when hit.

• Content Provider

played hookey today and made some more progress on the table.  Starting to look a lot more like a pinball machine now.  It's now fully playable (minus the scarecrow crane).  Time to spend some solid time on making it look nice now by starting on plastics and the detail work.  Also, need to spend some time in FP tomm to build the ramps and then import them into VP.  I looked at the ones in FP already but I can't get them to import into VP.  I'll try again but if they still wont work I'll just start from scratch.

Speaking of FP.  Can anyone export the Joker and the spring/ball from the FP table?  I can't get the image to line up on the ball and the joker seems to be part of a bigger model.

1409286898.jpg

• Content Provider

In the few versions I have...it is a part of the whole circular object though. Why not use that, since they rotate together?

I separated Joker if you want  to use it without  using the cylinder though if that's what you wanted. Use the same texture image as the FP model

CRqCGit.jpg

https://app.box.com/s/gvdu2610bubbj1edf701

Archived