Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Friend died unexpectedly and I now have his Virtua Pin cabinet. 

I'm doing as much as I can to familiarize myself with it and the

workings in general. Not having a ton of time to devote to it, it's

now been a couple weeks and here is what I am facing.

 

When I brought it home it would play Guns N Roses as it should be

as long as GNR was the first pb machine selected. 

 

It would also play Twilight Zone and TOTArabian Knights, but would

NOT display the DMD for either, altho when either starts 'booting up',

the DMD will light up with PINBALLX before blanking out.

 

Had a bit of free time today, updated Virtual Pinball and also PinballX.

Nothing has changed with TZ or TOTAK, the DMD still goes blank

after flashing "PINBALLX". Now to Guns N Roses... as the cabinet boots

into the game, it immediately shows the DMD screen on the upper right

side of the playfield (sideways), and that then quickly disappears and the DMD

goes blank. Seems normal other than that. At 69, this has been a helluva

learning curve from the old (2) MAME machines we built years ago.

Any help on how to go about getting the DMD back into position would

greatly appreciated. 

 

TIA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...