mikeyg885 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Help! I spent endless hours making sure all my tables were working perfectly and they were as of last night. Was really stoked, Soooo... Went to start adding them into popper today and now all my VPX tables only show the dmd with the blackglass behind it on my DMD monitor, no playfield anywhere and nothing on my backglass monitor. Pinball FX tables and Future pinball tables still work fine. Is there a way to reset the screens for just VPX? All my screens are lined up and i reran popper setup and everything is setup perfectly with the screens and their locations. Not sure what happened or what to do at this point other than to start completely over. Did not do any new windows updates or nvidia updates since everything last worked. If you have anything I could try please advise. I have a 3 monitor cab with full DMD, windows 11 Home. Thanks.
domino1879 Posted September 29 Posted September 29 I am having a very similar issue. I have been working on my 3-screen setup for a few months. I will download all the files and verify they work on my gaming PC, then transfer the files over to my cabinet setup when I have a stack of tables I want to add. It's all been working just fine for a few months now. Last night when I got home from work I just wanted to play a few games, and nothing happens. When going straight through Visual Pinball, outside of any launchers, the table will load into VPX, launch the backglass, but then crash immediately, leaving the backglass and DMD screen. I will check my taskbar and VPX isn't even active. It crashes and closes completely. It ONLY seems to happen on tables that require ROMS. Original tables and EM tables seem to launch okay. I didn't mess with it much last night to try to get it working because I had a long day already, and won't get a chance to take another look at it until tonight. I am only barely learning all of this, and have been figuring it out as I go, and I am at a loss right now.
mikeyg885 Posted Friday at 02:28 AM Author Posted Friday at 02:28 AM Well I give up, cant figure it out. Going to reload my image from a month ago when all the things were working but will have to resetup all my tables. Ugh! I will see if it happens again but this time will keep taking images along the way. It has to be something in the system registry or something caused by a windows or nvidia update or the VPX program since I deleted it all completely and reinstalled it, reran the popper config and still had them same issue. Popper screen config saying everything is all good, but this time tables ran only through popper interface but would not through VPX program. Future pinball and pinball fx tables seamed to be fine.
sho Posted Friday at 08:01 AM Posted Friday at 08:01 AM (edited) How about looking at the Visual Pinball settings outside of Popper? try running a table with the VPX exe. Edited Friday at 08:03 AM by sho
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now