RabidUrko Posted September 10 Posted September 10 (edited) All ok before i updated , and Popper works with a different VPX .exe. Is there some changes needed somewhere for it to work with 10.8.1? Photo shows what happens when i try and launch a table. Cheers. Edited September 10 by RabidUrko
tjaf Posted September 11 Posted September 11 (edited) Popper launches VPX with a a few command-line arguments. Some of these arguments no longer exists in VPX 1.8.1. You will need to modify the startup script of Popper to remove the offending arguments. You do this in Popper configuration --> Emulators --> Virtual Pinball X --> and then look at the startup script. I simply removed the -EnableTrueFullScreen (and in my case there were a few others once you clear that one) and it still launched everything fine (in full screen etc.). Unfortunately I am not near my cab today or this weekend, otherwise I could share my exact popper startup script. Let me know if you struggle and I can post my startup script Sunday evening when I am back near my cab. p.s. of course save the original startup script somewhere as a back-up just to be safe 🙂 Edited September 11 by tjaf
MrMattamus Posted September 19 Posted September 19 On 9/11/2026 at 6:04 AM, tjaf said: Popper launches VPX with a a few command-line arguments. Some of these arguments no longer exists in VPX 1.8.1. You will need to modify the startup script of Popper to remove the offending arguments. You do this in Popper configuration --> Emulators --> Virtual Pinball X --> and then look at the startup script. I simply removed the -EnableTrueFullScreen (and in my case there were a few others once you clear that one) and it still launched everything fine (in full screen etc.). Unfortunately I am not near my cab today or this weekend, otherwise I could share my exact popper startup script. Let me know if you struggle and I can post my startup script Sunday evening when I am back near my cab. p.s. of course save the original startup script somewhere as a back-up just to be safe 🙂 Would you be able to post your script? I'm having the same issue and just not sure what to remove and keep to ensure it works. Thanks!
tjaf Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Sure. This is my current Launch script for VPX 10.8.1 (notice I set the VPXEXE to VPinballX_BGFX64.exe - adjust if you rename your exe to something else. For me this works fine both on my cabinet and in VR (and actually the same script works also for 10.8.0. Your mileage may vary. The thing to adjust is the line that starts with START /min ... @echo off START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 30 10 60 "Visual Pinball Player" 2 cd /d "[DIREMU]" rem Change the following to EnableTrueFullScreen to default FullScreen Exclusive! SET FSMODE=DisableTrueFullScreen SET VPXEXE=VPinballX_BGFX64.exe if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (SET FSMODE=DisableTrueFullScreen ) if /I "[CUSTOM1]"=="NOFSX" (SET FSMODE=DisableTrueFullScreen ) if NOT "[ALTEXE]"=="" (SET VPXEXE=[ALTEXE] ) if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (SET VPXEXE=VPinballX_BGFX64.exe) START /min "" %VPXEXE% -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]" if %FSMODE%==DisableTrueFullScreen (START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\PopperKeepFocus.exe" "Visual Pinball Player" 10)
MrMattamus Posted September 19 Posted September 19 7 hours ago, tjaf said: Sure. This is my current Launch script for VPX 10.8.1 (notice I set the VPXEXE to VPinballX_BGFX64.exe - adjust if you rename your exe to something else. For me this works fine both on my cabinet and in VR (and actually the same script works also for 10.8.0. Your mileage may vary. The thing to adjust is the line that starts with START /min ... @echo off START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 30 10 60 "Visual Pinball Player" 2 cd /d "[DIREMU]" rem Change the following to EnableTrueFullScreen to default FullScreen Exclusive! SET FSMODE=DisableTrueFullScreen SET VPXEXE=VPinballX_BGFX64.exe if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (SET FSMODE=DisableTrueFullScreen ) if /I "[CUSTOM1]"=="NOFSX" (SET FSMODE=DisableTrueFullScreen ) if NOT "[ALTEXE]"=="" (SET VPXEXE=[ALTEXE] ) if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (SET VPXEXE=VPinballX_BGFX64.exe) START /min "" %VPXEXE% -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]" if %FSMODE%==DisableTrueFullScreen (START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\PopperKeepFocus.exe" "Visual Pinball Player" 10) You're a lifesaver! Thanks a bunch, didn't realize the START line needed editing, was only removing the SET FSMODE thinking that would do it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now