Bop Update Wip

unclewilly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Looking great. 

Not trying to nit pick but I know the level of detail you like to go after ;-)   That heartbeat ramp where the decals are in the criss cross section is actually inaccurate.  The model shows the whole area raised where the decal is at in the newest picture.  Your other pictures looks to have a different model which is more accurate as the real ramp only has guiding bumps and is pretty much flat across the path.  I could take a pic of my ramp if you'd like.

• Content Provider

the build is done and coded.

what remains:

lights and gi

details 

physics

fixing the head so it is always homed and doesn't stop mid rotation on the human face.

shouldn't be too long

then on to pinball magic which will take some time

thewool or jimmy fingers,  interested in doing some physics?

Ass for the ramp.  I'm no modeler and this is the best we could do for now.  i think its good enough,  but i will be submitting it to quality control soon so we will see

post-13-0-64553800-1405450483_thumb.png

• Content Provider

Hey phil I'm not rushing on the playfield.

It's still gonna be a little bit I have another table I'm in the middle of also.

I just so happened to have 6 hours at work with nothing to do so I figured I'd finish the coding and building.

Still have to do the gi.

I can probably use my old psd for the light inserts. So take your time. The playfield can be dropped in anytime now that I do the gi with flasher objects

dude looks like you will finish this way before my redraw is ready

i'll keep workin at it even if we add it later.

• Content Provider

I can add more frames, the only issue is if it over shoots which it sometimes does, it will snap back to the flat face position.

It's at 7.5 degree steps right now. The video is at 1 degree steps. If I quadruple it it will be at 1.875 degree steps and be 784 lines of code.

I'll give it a shot

I'd only have to add 392 lines I think

the table looks great for sure, thanks for letting us test it UW.  so far I can say even with physics adjustment still to come, it plays decent.  for the face, I can say sure, it would be nice to see it smoother but its not horrible.  we just got spoiled by your vid ;)

Archived