Bop Update Wip

unclewilly

• Content Provider

Doing this update along with the pinball magic build.

I call it an update, but so much has been added to vp since I made the original that I'm pretty much rebuilding the whole thing.

I'm showing a ss of this before pinball magic because I got a lot further on it due to all the pre made models from the fp table.

Best New feature for this aside from the 3d models, is the helmet lights. They are now rom controled thanks to jimmy fingers finding the light numbers for me.

Here is the ss. FYI the only things you can see on the table that aren't primitives are the plunger and the small side and backwalls.

The tall outside cabinet wall is also a primitive.

post-13-0-73931800-1403659613_thumb.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

I'd like to use the fp gate and spinner models. Just have to check the code for vp spinners and gates to see if you can read the angles, so I can make them work right.

The one thing I hate in vp is how flat the gates and spinners look

• Content Provider

I'd like to use the fp gate and spinner models. Just have to check the code for vp spinners and gates to see if you can read the angles, so I can make them work right.

The one thing I hate in vp is how flat the gates and spinners look

I'm dumb.  was looking at an old version of the command reference text.

you can do spinners and gates

spinnerName/gateName.currentangle  reads the angle of the gate/spinner.  just tested on a primitive and it works perfectly.

Just make a time with 1 as the interval

Sub timer_Timer()

Primitive.ObjRotxyz = spinner1.currentangle  'where objrot x y or z depending on the model axis to rotate on  same command for gates

End Sub

• Content Provider

scott i am not far off a full playfield redraw of this

i was doing it a few months ago when i was bored on my surface tablet.

let me know if you want it

here is an older wip i had hosted online my up to date ver is at home

i have a blueprint ready for vp that matches up to this redraw also if you not too far ahead to move things around

oooPLAYER1ooo_bop2.jpg

• Content Provider

im not busy this weekend i cant lock in any long term help as work is still a little crazy atm but would love to see this redone with all modern bells and whistles hense why i started the draw.

i will commit to the pf redraw and i'll do a plastic draw so it all looks the same. i can do them on my tablet anyehere when i have a free hr here and there.

i was actually going to suprise you and make you feel guilty not doing it asap :P

hold on , thinking back now i may have used the pf and blueprint from your old table for my redraw source.

that may make things a shitload easier :D

up46HQY.png

Genuinely curious — where did the 1999 come from here in the artwork? It's such an insignificant detail and doesn't matter in the least bit, but the original reads 1990 if I recall (tho the table was released in 91). I owned a BoP for a while so I was just wondering if this had been based off a reprinting of the playfield or there was some other significance. Seriously not being nit-picky if it's just a misreading of a playfield photo B)

• Content Provider

Lol to be honest it's written like that on my source image

I just assumed it was a reproduced play field

Even I thought it was strange. As not being a dmd game it's obvious it wasn't made that late

But hey I'm just a glorified tracer so I just copy what's there with some improvisation to fill in the blanks :)

Was working on this on the weekend, I'll send it of when finished

I'll do 2 versions of light inserts

One all clear and the other with coloured inserts

I see a lot of different images of this table and they all seem to have different coloured inserts

I am doing it with white stars in the background but I have my source file in a way I can make them multicoloured.

Personally I like them white

Lol to be honest it's written like that on my source image

I just assumed it was a reproduced play field

Even I thought it was strange. As not being a dmd game it's obvious it wasn't made that late

But hey I'm just a glorified tracer so I just copy what's there with some improvisation to fill in the blanks :)

Was working on this on the weekend, I'll send it of when finished

I'll do 2 versions of light inserts

One all clear and the other with coloured inserts

I see a lot of different images of this table and they all seem to have different coloured inserts

I am doing it with white stars in the background but I have my source file in a way I can make them multicoloured.

Personally I like them white

What are you doing the redraw on?

Archived