Big Buck Hunter

kanario40

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

It's WIP.

I've got the table built and fully playable at this point.  I'm getting help with the artwork and the PF art is coming along nicely.  We also just recently got some nice plastic pics as well to use.  Big problem with this table is we don't have access to a 3d Buck model, elk or Ram so those parts look kind of funny.  It's getting real close for atleast an initial release.

Great to hear. Looking forward to this one, I've played the real pin and it looked fun but could not hear it due to low level on speakers and other noises nearby. From what I understand, humor is a big part of this pin so at least the sound level won't be a problem for playing this at home.

It's WIP.

I've got the table built and fully playable at this point.  I'm getting help with the artwork and the PF art is coming along nicely.  We also just recently got some nice plastic pics as well to use.  Big problem with this table is we don't have access to a 3d Buck model, elk or Ram so those parts look kind of funny.  It's getting real close for atleast an initial release.

any decent sporting goods store should have a 3d stand up buck or two lying around for hunters to practice  on

or find a  figurine of Bullwinkle and import the pics into the pin

That's great to hear 85vette. I've never played Big Buck Hunter ever and am interested in this recreation. Together this and 24, which looks really good so far and the next 4-6 weeks look pretty good. Maybe we'll even see Metallica before too long!!

Just a thought, Wal-mart has realistic plastic animals back in the toy department.  I always make a point to stop by and put a sheep, or deer in the mouth of the much larger T-Rex every time I'm at the store.  I may have posed a cow and a bull in a compromising position once, but I will neither confirm or deny.  

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

Catch 22.

I built the whitewood (playable table with no art) and GTXJoe and JP Salas helped try to figure out the buck script.  We could never get it to match the Stern movement so a mirror script was made by gtxjoe to where the buck chases the lights.  It works pretty good but does get confused sometimes.  I'd say it's good enough for release so that people can actually play the table but they would have to understand that is not 100%.

So at this point I would say the table is playable.  ASOT is doing the artwork on it.  I'm pretty sure he has completed the playfield and has been working on the plastics.  He is also getting 3D models of the buck and ram made as well as a primative ramp. 

This was a co build between him and I with some help from some great scripters.  I'm sure once he finishes the art he'll let me know and we'll be able to release the table. 

Outstanding looking forward to trying it out! From what I understand a big draw for this pin is the humor and the real pin I played a few times had the volume too low and other games nearby ensured I could hear nothing, so it really will be like playing it for the first time.

• Content Provider

I'll ping him to see if he is still working on it or he would rather I finish up.  He has the PF done which is the one part I 100% didn't feel like doing and why I posted what I did a while ago about wanting to do the table but only if someone wanted to do the art.

I am hyped for any unreleased tables but both of these should be great. I used to be a classic 80's pins guy but over the years I have grown fond of DMD games and now modern Sterns are probAbly my favorite. There is something to be said for the many modes these tables have, never seems to get boring to me.

Naturally anything getting the 85Vett treatment is a plus in my book ;)

• Content Provider

Catch 22.

I built the whitewood (playable table with no art) and GTXJoe and JP Salas helped try to figure out the buck script.  We could never get it to match the Stern movement so a mirror script was made by gtxjoe to where the buck chases the lights.  It works pretty good but does get confused sometimes.  I'd say it's good enough for release so that people can actually play the table but they would have to understand that is not 100%.

So at this point I would say the table is playable.  ASOT is doing the artwork on it.  I'm pretty sure he has completed the playfield and has been working on the plastics.  He is also getting 3D models of the buck and ram made as well as a primative ramp. 

This was a co build between him and I with some help from some great scripters.  I'm sure once he finishes the art he'll let me know and we'll be able to release the table. 

excellent news!  Just in case it wasn't already known,  a member on the other site made a very nice 3d model of the buck.

• Content Provider

talked to Asot and he's sending me the table where it's at.  I'll work on finishing it up so it can be released.  Everyone just needs to know right now that the buck is not 100% and I doubt it will be 100% at any point unless the true rom script can be figured out.  Had some of the best minds on that and what I have on it now is the best we could come up with.  It's good enough for me as it allows you to play the table but I know some like an exact match.

Archived