Hyperpin Hi-Scores

HorsePin

Ok sounds good. Like I mentioned on hyperspin earlier today I've had this going in mine for a long while with per game settings - exes, gfx, custom cams.

I'm in the middle of knocking up a profile manager for FP and probably will do VP shortly afterwards.

The idea is for a seperate gui. You can create custom profiles, these can be loaded on a per table basis. Pretty much every option is included from the FP settings page plus the "load image in editor"

Create Profiles

Save/Load Profiles

Min/Med/Max presets from original.

Hyperpin to load profile per table or default.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a new version with support for different fp exe

put them in fpexetables.txt in settings directory

format is one line for table name - without fpt, and next line for fp exe you want to use with this table

How should it look?

Name

exe

[space]

Name 

exe

[space]

Name

exe

Name

exe

no need for space but it will work with spaces also, script just finds first line that matches table name and takes next line for name of the exe, so it is very flexible - you can even write comments in lines between :)

• Content Provider

I just tested. Works great!

Question. For running the FP.exe. CAn you make it so the script looks for the tables desciption rather then the table name? Table names can get updated often as new versions of the table comes out, where the description stays the same.

I just tested. Works great!

Question. For running the FP.exe. CAn you make it so the script looks for the tables desciption rather then the table name? Table names can get updated often as new versions of the table comes out, where the description stays the same.

well, if you change table you will have to change fp config file also, since you also have to change xml and favorites this won't be a big problem

description is not unique, several tables can have same description

if you want you can keep your table name the same - so you won't have to change anything

horsey what file should be created on launch of the table? There is fpexetables.txt config file already

Here is another new version, this is change log, still not finished so no full zip file with all, just ahk and exe:

1.295 wip 10
+ highscores added tnx to dna disturber, bleasby and horseyhorsey
+ custom b2s settings from koadic added
+ ledcontrol on off button added to menus - tnx to deegor
+ toLog added to every function
+ focus code on exit changed a bit (loop added, triple checks)
+ exitemulatorkey changed to exitkey
+ pausekey changed to exitkey1
+ exitemulatorKey2 and 3 changed to enterkey and enterkey1
+ usepausekey true/false removed (it is always used same as exit key)
+ #winactivateforce added again
+ memory leak in hyperpin found if used in comp. mode - USE NATIVE MODE
+ taskbar problems - auto hide taskbar HAS TO BE OFF in windows
+ some menu images updated

Watch out for some new key names and configure them first, default key for toggling ledwiz is 1 - start key, cause every body has it

FPLaunch.zip

nope - no new files - disabling force feedback is done with toggleLedwizKey while you are in menus

extending menus is out of the question - even making another alternate menus is out of the question - it is all explained in fplaunch thread on hyperspin but here it is again in short

we can't extend menus for every little feature people come up with - cause soon menus will be five pages long

also we can't make menu branches for every little feature cause we will have like hundreds of menu branches and thousands of menu combinations

key remappings are explained in post above

I'm getting up the nerve to break away from my current working setup (wip9) and try this new version but I thought since my cab is FP only I'd ask and make sure these improvements aren't just for VP. Didn't see it in the change log but is wip10 using the multiple exe method with the fpexetables.txt files?

horsey what file should be created on launch of the table? There is fpexetables.txt config file already

Well tbh, I haven't even tried it yet but from what bent said above me, I was presuming he was manually adding the tables. Instead of " launch a table for the first time" to create an entry for you inside of this file.

I continue to use my own version so forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions. :)

Hey guys what is the proper procedure for getting the high scores to work with wip10? I tried the original method in post 1 which only gave me the table name, also tried just having the exe and ini (paths added) in the HP directory with no other folders but I get the following error, this is with FP

2013-02-10%2010.36.28.jpg

actually not all blanks make problems - only some of them

it looks like some bug in pinemhi

so don't change all tables just ones that report error:

D:\Dean\Games\Emulatori\HyperPin>pinemhi Spirit of 76 (Gottlieb 1975).fpram
HIGHEST SCORES
1)  ...         108.000
D:\Dean\Games\Emulatori\HyperPin>pinemhi the amazing spiderman 1.1 fixed.fpram
Not a valid command/usage
D:\Dean\Games\Emulatori\HyperPin>

Okay so out of the procedure below we only need to copy the exe and ini with the proper paths to the HP folder correct? and maybe copy the exe and ini to C:/

I've removed the spaces and am still getting the error. 

2013-02-10%2012.43.02.jpg

1. Download PinEmHi from http://www.pinemhi.com/

2. Extract to folder inside Hyperpin directory called PINEmHi.

3 .Create a Hi folder inside here.

4 .Edit the paths to your VP nvram and FP fpram folders inside pinemhi.ini

5 .I don't know any other way around this next step for now and that is to copy the exe and ini to your C:/ root.

6. Read spoilers below and look for red text, this is all you need to add to existing functions.

7. The two extra functions can go at the very bottom of FPLaunch.

8. You will need to load then exit a table for a score to show up next time you pause the game and should look like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/scorepause.png/

Okay, it seems to only work with the "Future Pinball.exe" and not a alternate physics exe from what I've seen so far...

EDIT: Confirmed, tried 5 tables of each alternating and this was the case. 

EDIT2: Okay either that was a heck of a coincidence or there may be a couple issues. One with the alternate exe and another with spaces as I am only using one exe now with the original name and some tables are still having the issue. 

Archived