Advanced Dof Config Tool

Hello folks.

What we have here is the next generation in DOF Configuration for all the toys in your cabinet.  Welcome to the DOF Config Tool – Beta release edition.

I have used this to create the config files for my cabinet and thought other people might be able to enjoy the flexibility it provides.  Key new features of the DOF Config tool are:

Each table element has function and position data attached to it.

The cabinet owner can then define for which function and over what area each physical toy in the cabinet responds to.

Support for as many controllers as DOF will accept.

Support of new controller types, PacLED64, PacDRIVE, WS2811, Artnet/DMX, Sainsmart

Control on a toy by toy basis whether or not it supports PWM, and modify its MIN, MAX, SCALE, and OFFSET.

Set MIN and MAX durations on a toy by toy basis.

As with the LEDWiz Config tool, this will really flourish if people start to use it and add to the database.  I feel this method will make database entry much easier.

Why a new config tool?

Currently the LEDWiz Config tool requires the profile maker, usually Arngrim, to artistically decide which table events are going to be combined into a toy’s events.   As a cabinet owner you then map (by name) these toys to a toy in your cabinet by name.  Then he must go back and painstakingly create variations of the profile for people with differently configured cabinets.  One set for 8 contactor configurations, one for 10, one for 5 flashers, one for 3, and even then the profile might not match your cabinet.  The new profile database format allows the profile author to simply enter where on the table a table element (switch, solenoid, etc.) and assign it a function.  The cabinet owner then divides up his cabinet’s toys to responds to elements from different regions.

Also the DOF is about to have a new release that supports many different toy types.

The Advanced DOF Config tool handles all of this with ease.

DOF Config.zip

• 1 month later...

Archived