Stern Sam Solenoid Calls Above #32

• Content Provider

I am messing around with the Avenger rom, and I am seeing solenoid calls above #32.  Does anyone know what these are mapped to?  

The Stern manuals only cover coils up to 32, but I am seeing solenoids 33,35,36 and 40 being enabled/disabled.  Are these GI related?

These are the LE models that came after TRON. (AC-DC LE, XMEN LE, etc). They have an auxiliary solenoid board to expand the number of usable solenoids.

Unfortunaelty vpinmame doesn't have the AUX board emulated. So you can run the LE tables, but can't enable the AUX solenoids which amount to the added toys of the LE.

Bummer, I know.

I dont get it if he can see them workin then why cant they be used ..that makes no sense to me...he has to be running the rom in vp right?

The new board (AUX solenoid) was added after the last additions to the SAM code in vpinmame was done. It's not emulated.

New roms can be added to vpinmame, but the board is not emulated so it won't work.

• Content Provider

If the SAM AUX daughter board is not emulated then these >32 solenoid events that are generated can't be related to the AUX daughter board :)

Using the Pro 1.40 rom, there are Solenoid 33,35,36 and 40 events happening.  I will see if I can figure out exactly what triggers them and then compare it with a youtube video for hints

Archived