Core 2 Duo E8400 In Minipin Build. Advice?

spaceship

For my budget build 24/19 minicab I am considering this from a local wholesaler of refurbished office workstations

HP Compaq DC7900 SFF Desktop
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz
2GB DDR2 800Mhz SDRAM
160GB Hard Drive Sata
DVD-RW Optical Drive
Intel Graphics
10/100/1000 NIC

$69.95

and a friend has a gtx 560 ti 1GB DDR5 he will sell me for $80

I most likely will need to upgrade the power supply to handle the gpu, but my thoughts are that for the $70 investment i get cpu, motherboard, ram, and harddrive to start with. Its not really gonna be upgradable but should be a working setup for under $200 and later if i want to down the line I can just ditch the cpu and motherboard and carry the rest over to a new build.  I'll probably pull it out of the box and mount right in the cabinet.

Is there anything im overlooking about this as decent option?

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda late on the response for this, but I wanted to at least give you an idea of what I tried before. 

My original cabinet PC was going to be the following:

Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz

2GB DDR2 667Mhz SDRAM

30GB OCZ Vertex II SSD

I had this PC sitting around the house and kinda figured it was going to be inadequate for the job. I picked up a used GTX 560 2GB Overclocked video card on ebay and thought it would be powerful enough to just muscle through the lag. Without the LedWiz, it ran fine. I thought I was home free until I plugged in the LedWiz. It would stutter on nearly every table. Now granted, this was with the legacy LedWiz support, and with the new DOF it might have been fine. The DOF wasn't around yet, so I had to build a new PC. 

The new PC was the following:

AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4 GHz

8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 

30GB OCZ Vertex II SSD

GTX 560 2GB Overclocked

To my surprise, this STILL had lag. Not nearly as bad, but it was still noticeable and aggravating. The only thing that fixed nearly 100% of the lag was the DOF support. Because of this, I cannot say with certainty that the older PC wouldn't have also worked fine with the DOF. 

Long story short, that PC MAY be fine, but the newer tables with higher res artwork may be taxing on the system. The problem I was faced with was that there was virtually no upgrade ability with the DDR2 ram and the old socket LGA 775 motherboard without spending more than a new PC build. 

Archived