Dof With 2 Ledwiz

randr

I completely agree. But as soon as dof triggers contactors on 2nd ledwiz table quits to front end. Only difference is I used diode module on the 2 contactors cause I was lazy. What I'm saying is I'm gunna try the ones I make and see if same thing happens. That's all...kinda talking out loud...beacons are in 2nd ledwiz and work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just close this by saying. The siemens diode pak does work fine while "testing" (holding wires to source) and even light use in cab but i will say during actual use in table they do not work with my setup. they cause all sorts of strange behavior! quits out to menu...knocker firesfor no reason....At any rate everything so far is fine with "made" diodes I did try putting them BACK in to test AGAIN and same issues..so strange so just a heads up

So far all good. Tested plenty. I can reproduce the problem by removing my made diodes and putting in Siemens diode it is a issue every time with them installed. Probably why I've never used them before. But like I said was getting lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The siemens contactor "diode" pak is a varistor see below. mainly for surge protection. is for sure not the same as a zener diode

var·is·tor
vəˈristər/
noun
noun: varistor; plural noun: varistors
  1. 1.
    a semiconductor diode with resistance dependent on the applied voltage.

di·ode
    ˈdīˌōd/
    noun
    ELECTRONICS

1. 1.
      a semiconductor device with two terminals, typically allowing the flow of current in one direction only.

Ze·ner
ˈzēnər/
noun
ELECTRONICS
noun: Zener diode
  1. 1.
    a form of semiconductor diode in which at a critical reverse voltage a large reverse current can flow.

Archived