Star Trek (Stern) 1.62 WIP

I am considering starting this project. I am a total noob, I've never done a colorization. I have a couple questions.

1. I guess Sharkky did one for 1.61, but I can't find that game code, so I can't pull his macros from PB. It would be helpful to piggy back off his macros for many of the scenes that haven't changed. If anyone could help me here that would be great.

2. If anyone would like to team up on this I would be up for it. There are a few extremely high frame-rate scenes that will take days on their own (Vengeance Multiball start for example.

3. Is there a way to pull scenes from code loaded in pinball browser? 

4. Does anyone know if there's a good dump file for 1.62 code version?

Thanks,

Ace8track 

Edited by reinkc

• Content Provider

Extracting the scenes from ROM is not possible since most of the scene frames are put together dynamically.

The best way to start this would be making a dump on the real machine rolling the ball by hand and triggering all scenes.

If you own this machine that should be no problem.

Btw the 1.61 ROM is here 

On 4/22/2024 at 8:50 AM, lucky1 said:

Extracting the scenes from ROM is not possible since most of the scene frames are put together dynamically.

The best way to start this would be making a dump on the real machine rolling the ball by hand and triggering all scenes.

If you own this machine that should be no problem.

Btw the 1.61 ROM is here 

Thanks! I loaded this into PB and tried to run Sharkky's macros on it, but I get tons and tons of errors. I have been able to create a dump from my real pin machine and I'm starting to learn the process of coloring now.