My first cabinet build

JJAZ

Hi Everyone

As a cnc engineer  and the owner of a woodworking cnc machine let's say producing the cabinet is the easy part for me.

However plans start with the size of things

First i would like to decide how big i would build my cabinet, so the monitor for the playfield is my first decision to make i think

Now in 2024 what monitor 49" would be the best to use or would most of you go with something smaller lets say 43"?

My biggest concern would be lag and have not the experience i hope to get.

Let's say budget is not an isue what would you buy?

Apart from the displays what else would be the best to start this project.

Thank you 

J.

It depends rather on the size you want your cab to be.

43'' is ideal for a widebody cab. I don't think building it bigger would bring you any advantage. Your VPin would end up bigger than a real pinball machine.

One important thing worth mentioning is that if you don't go for a real size cabinet then you cannot properly use real table props like legs, siderails, lockbars, glasspanels or coindoors. So unless someone wants to build a smaller cab (like 3/4 or 1/2 of the real size) there is imho no good reason not to go for a Williams Widebody form factor.

https://github.com/jonaskello/wpc-cabinet/blob/master/references/williams widebody cabinet rev3.pdf

For your main monitor you should definitly make sure it is a 4K with 144hz. And that the monitor doesn't have any sticking out parts like a control panel. I bought this one back then and later realized that I had to cut off the lower part. Fortunately that worked but obviously I screwed my warrenty ^^
Acer_Predator_CG437KS__Gaming_Monitor@@1